Q7 Audi Q7 Problem codes

Parody

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here... have shifted form a line of S5s (and so was on the A5OC forum). Now have just got a Q7... so, good to meet you all.

I'm sad to say that I ignored my gut on this one, and what on first look was a pretty good deal has turned out to be a bit of a dog. I was somewhat distracted by the very large house, very well heeled owners and one owner from new. I put my trust in someone's character rather than following through with all the checks, partly because we got stuck in traffic on the 2 hr drive... wife and kids waiting, losing light etc... pressure was on. Oh well, we are where we are.

It's a 57 high spec sline, in pretty good condition inside and out given the year and mileage. I got it cheap, but not as cheap as it should have been, knowing what I now know. And there was me thinking it would be less problems than a similar Land Rover discovery!

No issues on viewing but the drive home and next day spewed lights all over me. I have a Carista dongle from the S5 so reset the codes, went for a drive and pulled them again.

I'm handy with a spanner if I'm pointed in a direction, so hoping this will be cheap on the wallet and only expensive in time an bruised knuckles.

Here is what I have:
CAN network gateway:
01207 - Control Module for Auxiliary Heater (J364)

Ignition authorization:
00190 - Driver's Door Handle Touch Sensor (G415)
00193 - Rear Door Handle Touch Sensor rear-right (G418)
00192 - Door Handle Touch Sensor rear-left (G417)
00180 - Access/Start Authorization Antenna, Passenger Side (R135)

Auto-leveling suspension:
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
01583 - Leak in system recognised

Engine:
P161A

Radio:
00856 - Radio Antenna

I've ordered a new glow plug after checking it is a metal type red ring (got a beru one). I assume this is what threw the glow plug light on the journey home which reset after engine restart.

I'm less concerned about the radio and aux heater.

The suspension is the worry. I was told it had a new compressor not long ago (paperwork misplaced...). There are several codes here and I'm assume one issue is causing them all but I don't know which would be the best place to start. I see no sagging of any corner and height adjustment works fine. I'm thinking the sensor may be the root cause.

The keyless start would be nice to get working. That should be straight forward handle replacements (I don't think the sensor can be had separately on these?) and a sensor or maybe swapped plugs.

Other things not working have not thrown faults, like the drivers wingmirror. Adjustment. They'll be at the bottom of the list. The Battery also can't have been charging since it was flat when I got home (assume they had changed it before I viewed) so that is why there codes about low voltage.

Thanks so much for any direction. Im
genuinely disappointed in myself and these people I bought from. It just goes to show, you really can't trust anyone when buying second hand.

3 touch sensors & start antenna, dont hardly hear 3 sensors at once unless they were a known faulty batch, so it maybe worth checking the supplying system, module with 1 new working sensor to prove the faults.

Suspension is tricky, unfortunate if its compressor, but it maybe just a leak fixable.

Radio antenna, could be a few things.

Tbh you'd be best to use vcds for all these things.

3 touch sensors & start antenna, dont hardly hear 3 sensors at once unless they were a known faulty batch, so it maybe worth checking the supplying system, module with 1 new working sensor to prove the faults.

Suspension is tricky, unfortunate if its compressor, but it maybe just a leak fixable.

Radio antenna, could be a few things.

Tbh you'd be best to use vcds for all these things.
Yeah, I know I have VCDS somewhere, if I can't find it I'll buy another.

The access sensors i'm not convinced will have all gone at once. I imagine that has happened over the course of its lifetime and they were never repaired.

I'll ping back on the suspension when I get more info from BCD's.

glow plug just turned up so will get that done today.