DRL LED out or bad module?

gti3358

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a 2017 Audi S3. I'm located in the United States for more information about the car. My issue is that about 1 week after owning it the lower DRL is now a faint orange color and not bright. I was wondering if this means that the LED strip is toast or is the module bad? I'm hoping the module but either sounds like a PITA. I have been searching but cannot find this particular instance where the lower strip only is out. Here is a photo of the passenger (bad DRL) and driver side attached. Thanks for helping!
Pas Side DRL
Driver Side

Hi

Unfortunately I have the same issue. I took the car to an auto electrician who is a former Audi master tech. The problem is in the headlight and there is no way to fix this without opening the headlight. If the car has still warranty get it replaced, else you will be expecting a heafty bill. From where I based this will cost me around 200 euros if I go directly to Audi. The headlight is manufactured by Valeo. If there is a way you can source directly from Valeo you should get it at a much cheaper price... i've got mine ordered at around 750 euros