Random Car Bucking and Jerking when accelerating A3 8V 2.0 TDI 150 P2100 Throttle Actuator

danny_t65

Reaction score
Hi All,

Over the past couple of weeks i have been experiencing random bucking and jerking when accelerating under meduim load. 90% of the time it is fine and then all of a sudden it will buck or kangeroo when accelerating sometime quite violently. I have no eml, i plugged in my code reader and got the code P2100: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Open intermittent.

I have read that this was very common on the 140 BKD engine on the older 8P's and that a tell tell sign is that a fuse is blown under the engine compartment fuses, they also mention the the throttle actuator fuse is on the same fuse as the aircon and funnily enough my air con has stopped working too when it was fine before..

The throttle body valve seems to be working fine itself as this has been investigated by a garage and they say the valve is opening and closing as it should and it may be a wiring or fuse issue but would need to be booked back in a month's time to investigate.

Has anyone had this issue or do you know which fuse the throttle actuator goes from as i cannot find any mention of it in the fuse list.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: dani_a3
Hi,
Did you ever get ever get to the bottom of the issue. I’m facing the exact same thing, the odd time in first gear, whilst accelerating there is a violent jerk and it does it in most of the gears but it’s very intermittent. Hopefully you sorted it