A3 8P 2010 Coolant radiator removal process?

guysy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have noticed this afternoon my radiator is very slowly losing coolant, I have taken a video and I can see that slowly at the bottom of the radiator the pink G12 is collecting, I have ordered a new radiator and some coolant.

Cant anybody help me with the process of change? I have been watching youtube vids and have searched the threads but some more info would be great.

So far I'm thinking, bumper off, front crash bar off ? 4 bolts then any pointers from there onwards roughly?

Ill continue to search other threads etc meanwhile.

Hi I had a friend who's 8p was losing coolant it turned out the expansion tank had a very small hole I would start there

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah cheers mate I was hoping it would be something simple like the tank, but In my case It looks like the rad, the lower fins from the front look fairly battered its either a stone or old age.

I have just seen a youtube video of a older a3 on youtube he didnt remove the bumper, he took the fans off then slid the rad up through the gap between the engine and front bumper, I am not sure if this will be possible but that would be nice if so.

Coolant

I've just done this job on 2010 2.0l tdi. The coolant hose is down by the drivers side, pull that and it'll drain the coolant. The radiator is mounted to the intercooler, disconnect the coolant hose from the top left (passenger side). The Haynes manual is a pretty good guide on how to do it.

Engine, year?
1.4 tfsi 2010, I believe its CAXA
I've just done this job on 2010 2.0l tdi. The coolant hose is down by the drivers side, pull that and it'll drain the coolant. The radiator is mounted to the intercooler, disconnect the coolant hose from the top left (passenger side). The Haynes manual is a pretty good guide on how to do it.
Ok thanks, starting to get a process in mind!

its saying to pull them out from below. doesnt mention taking the front end off.
what sortve mileage has your car got? mine uses the same engine, so would be interesting to know

Attachments

• 1.4cowl.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 1.4rad.pdf
    192.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: guysy
its saying to pull them out from below. doesnt mention taking the front end off.
what sortve mileage has your car got? mine uses the same engine, so would be interesting to know

Its just ticked onto 77k, thanks for the PDF manuals really appreciate that mate.

Also if you dont mind what software is that to view the workshop manuals, I have a few downloaded but for a different model of Audi.

Is it something that can be bought online and downloaded?

mine is just under 81k. rad seems fine as is holding coolant, but the water pump has just started making a death knell, getting changed out tomorrow, along with the idler bearing and the aux belt.

elsawin, 2016 i believe

mine is just under 81k. rad seems fine as is holding coolant, but the water pump has just started making a death knell, getting changed out tomorrow, along with the idler bearing and the aux belt.

elsawin, 2016 i believe
Yeah Im not sure why its let go at the moment it seems like just a weep, apparently they are weak on the bottom corners.

Yeah something else I'll keep an eye on I did the Aux belt kit luckily the water pump is quite accessible if mine starts to act up as well.

Cheers Ill look into Elsawin I had the program before but couldn't get it to work corrrectly.