8V 7 speed DSG mechatronic

alonzofernandes

Reaction score
In my country (hot climate) there’s a lot of 1.4 A3s and Jettas being imported from Japan/ Singapore with DSG problems ESPECIALLY the mechatronic unit. They are well known for failing. The prices these mechanics are calling are so ridiculous.

Where can I purchase these units with top class quality that will last and ships internationally?

And anyone mind sharing their knowledge on how to care them?

Also I know there a bulletin using synthetic oil and mineral oil that could cause the unit to fail due to contamination but isn’t it separated from the transmission? Itself?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you are aren’t UK based but you could talk to this company - I haven’t used them and don’t know if they deal internationally.

Last edited:
Reactions: alonzofernandes
I know you are aren’t UK based but you could talk to this company - I haven’t used them and don’t know if they deal internationally.

Thank you
Have any idea on how to care them?

Regular box servicing, with genuine oil, filters, problem is allot of fake oil on the market, so beware.

These gearboxes are great when working well, but when they break its a disaster as its so expensive to repair mostly.

Regular box servicing, with genuine oil, filters, problem is allot of fake oil on the market, so beware.

These gearboxes are great when working well, but when they break its a disaster as its so expensive to repair mostly.

Thanks ;)

all these issues with the euro market make japanese cars look like the easiest cars to maintain.