2015 C7 A6 2.0 tdi (Glow Plug Replacement)

DaveM1992

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently got an engine management light in my dash. Turns out it's glow plug fault on Cylinder 1. I've got the glow plug from Audi and now going to replace it.

Audi A6 2.0 TDI (190ps) ultra

- Has anyone ever done this before?
- Any considerations to take?
- What is the torque value when tightening new glow plug?

Thanks
David

Hi David,

I've replaced mine. Much easier than I expected. Just be careful with the threads as your going into an alloy head.

I cannot remember which one it was but one of the four is different and needs coding I think. I had an issue with no.2 but replaced all 3 normal ones for good measure.

Tim

Reactions: DaveM1992
Hi David,

I've replaced mine. Much easier than I expected. Just be careful with the threads as your going into an alloy head.

I cannot remember which one it was but one of the four is different and needs coding I think. I had an issue with no.2 but replaced all 3 normal ones for good measure.

Tim
Thanks a million Tim. Replacing it today. Do you happen to know Torque value when tightening back up?

Cheers.

Sorry I don't other than loose enough not to rip the threads out of the head and tight enough not to loose compression.

A mobile mechanic did mine and used the torque wrench built into his experienced arms (he guessed!).