Wire connection non bose (newHU)

den911

Reaction score
Hi, i have just replaced the Chorus with a pioneer dab head unit ,also replaced the front speakers and all is working fine..The rear speakers are just dummy grills as they were a option on the cabriolet and i don't have a bose unit,however i am going to fit some rear speakers and just wanted some help on the rear speaker wiring..My pioneer HU as FR FL RR RL connections vis RCA and at the moment i just have FL FR connected ,now if i was to connect the RR RL rca would i be correct in saying that that would be a output to my rear speaker wires on the wiring loom and just be a case of wiring to the correct colours and if so would it be from the pioneers side of the loom or from the connects2 loom ..My rears are green and purple ..Thanks

I may be wrong but if you did that you could blow the speakers or something as the rca is designed to run to an amplifier, then from there to the speakers. As you don’t have speakers already is the wiring there present for you to use?

to get rears you want to run from the corresponding wires coming from the hu and run wires to the speakers.

My corresponding wires for the front speakers are via RCA front left and front right they are connected next to the rear right and rear left in the same block on the harness ...Underneath the front right and left rca is the rear right and left rca all I believe I would be doing is the exact same as the fronts but at the moment I have no rears but the wiring is there in the same block as fronts..so far the fronts work the rca must be a output for speakers ,so in theory I want to connect rear rca and tap in to the block were the rear colour coded wires are ....The pioneer wiring harness that is connected direct to HU as the wiring for rears ..Also my third set of RCAs I have are for either a Sub or amp.......My HU as 3 sets of rca /phono FL FR RR RL and the last set is SW amp .Only set in use Is front speakers as that's all I have at the moment

Last edited:
Iirc you have a half amplified system. Output from hu goes through front rca to amp and then to speakers. The amp doesn’t output to rear.

if there are no connections at the rear speaker mounts then you will have to run cable from the hu rear output to them. You cannot use the rca as that signal needs to go through an amp first.

Appreciate your help,but getting confused here,My new HU as provisions at the rear for FL FR and RL and RR so does that mean that with only half a amp system only the fronts will work using that method thus leaving the rear output redundant .So no need to connect the rca to rear output ,just go direct to the HU rear speaker wires and run a pair of rears from there which it does have ..

Yes.

I stand to be corrected but you can’t connect directly from rca to your rears, unless they are run from the amp, which I don’t think they are. The rears would have to be fed by the hu.

Now, in theory if the wiring is already in the car you should be able to connect a pair of speakers and they will work.

perhaps someone with more knowledge can help @NHN ?

No wiring in the car for rear speakers (i presume the connects2 wiring kit is for both bose and non bose ) so the HU would have to run the rear speakers from the harness unless you already have a 4 way speaker system in the car..So the old fashioned way is to pick up the rear speakers from HU ..The RCA connections have confused me here..when you see two sets you automatically presume you have to use them

yep go the old fashioned way.

as you say all the RCA’s are there in case you have provision for them.