Recent Audi visit-- no gearbox update

Donnythemanny

Reaction score
Took my 2019 50TDi in for an Adblue fault, which I posted earlier. Surprise, surprise no faults found, they said as a one-off gesture they would fill it up for free. Making out that I was a tool in a forgetting to top it up. But the car never asked me to, it gave me a different message. Spoke to the mechanic, he completely misunderstood the fault, no point in trying to run him through the logic. They told me they did an MMI software update, a safety recall on 'passenger side' (good job I checked it in for the adblue otherwise would never have known) . I asked about the 23CK gearbox software update for the rice pudding response times but he didn't know or had ever heard of that. I pressed this issue but got a cold response and -- get this-- he said they were duty bound to do every update every time a car comes in.Well yabba dabba doo !

He offered to test drive the car to check the gearbox but it would break my heart if he came back and said it was normal, and I know that after burning half a gallon of my diesel on a 'test run' to the local butty shop things would be no further forward. So I declined. Picking the car up tomorrow so I will try and have a distanced conversation with their service manager.I'll post it if it's worth posting.

Anyone know anything else about this magic gearbox update. The car also shudders a bit when idling against the brake in 'Drive' when the engine is cold.Due for its first service in 4 months.

Hi, it does seem hit and miss across the forum in terms of which dealers are aware of the gearbox update and which are not. Personally I had mine done by Birmingham Audi and they were on it and fully aware that an update was available. Also elsewhere on this forum somebody has recently posted that they got a similarly competent response from West London Audi. If you are reasonably close to either of these dealerships might be worth giving them a go?

Took my 2019 50TDi in for an Adblue fault, which I posted earlier. Surprise, surprise no faults found, they said as a one-off gesture they would fill it up for free. Making out that I was a tool in a forgetting to top it up. But the car never asked me to, it gave me a different message. Spoke to the mechanic, he completely misunderstood the fault, no point in trying to run him through the logic. They told me they did an MMI software update, a safety recall on 'passenger side' (good job I checked it in for the adblue otherwise would never have known) . I asked about the 23CK gearbox software update for the rice pudding response times but he didn't know or had ever heard of that. I pressed this issue but got a cold response and -- get this-- he said they were duty bound to do every update every time a car comes in.Well yabba dabba doo !

He offered to test drive the car to check the gearbox but it would break my heart if he came back and said it was normal, and I know that after burning half a gallon of my diesel on a 'test run' to the local butty shop things would be no further forward. So I declined. Picking the car up tomorrow so I will try and have a distanced conversation with their service manager.I'll post it if it's worth posting.

Anyone know anything else about this magic gearbox update. The car also shudders a bit when idling against the brake in 'Drive' when the engine is cold.Due for its first service in 4 months.

This shudder is a classic issue on the 50tdi, mine was doing it every morning from cold specially 1-2-3 gears. I recommend going to west london Audi and asking specially for a gearbox torque related ecu upgrade on your car. Known as the 23ck and while your at it also ask for TPI 2053287/1 update.
West london Audi are fairly clued on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took my car in for an unrelated fault 2 weeks ago. They knew about the update, and it was done. Car drives so much better now. The Audi garage is at Huntington.