A3 8P 2012 SLINE mod help

SamO

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this forum so a quick bit about me:
I'm purchasing my mothers white Audi A3 1.8 for slightly less than trade in value which I am very appreciate
of as the same car from a dealer would be over £8000 and trade in is £6000.

The car has been very well looked after and in the family for 5 years, 55k on the clock, full Audi history and recently had a full service and MOT.

Knowing all this what do people suggest are the first things I do when getting the car? I'm interested in changing the exhaust, but only to the point I can hear those lovely DSG noises. I don't particularly want to spend hundreds on a full exhaust, so I'm wondering if a rear silencer delete or resonator delete would achieve what I'm looking for? or would a downpipe be a better option?

I'm not sure how I feel about intakes, as from what I've seen they are hundreds of pounds and don't achieve much?

Something else to consider in your replies is the fact I am only a student so I don't have hundreds and hundreds to spend on parts a month, budget options would be apprectiated!

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated i.e lowering, spacing, cosmetic.

Thankyou in advance!

Cat back, non-resonated.

However, if you’re only a student I’d save your pennies and spend them on something more worthwhile.

Cat back, non-resonated.

However, if you’re only a student I’d save your pennies and spend them on something more worthwhile.

Sorry maybe I should of clarified better. I invest and save alot of my earnings each month and then what I have left over is "spending money" and that's what I'll use on my car :) after investments and savings contributions I leave myself with 100 a month for my car, just want to have a bit of fun is all without spending loads

Reactions: abmat
I’d budget around £600 plus fitting for a decent cat-back, £400 ish (fitted price) if you want lowering springs.

both those prices are dependant on the job going smoothly.

my first post sounded patronising, I didn’t intent it to be so I’m sorry. Just be aware if you have a very limited budget you could soon run into trouble if when doing the work there are unforeseen costs. I know this from bitter experience but that’s another story.

Reactions: aqibi2000 and Sibmets
I’d budget around £600 plus fitting for a decent cat-back, £400 ish (fitted price) if you want lowering springs.

both those prices are dependant on the job going smoothly.

my first post sounded patronising, I didn’t intent it to be so I’m sorry. Just be aware if you have a very limited budget you could soon run into trouble if when doing the work there are unforeseen costs. I know this from bitter experience but that’s another story.

Would you not recommend a simple box delete then?

I personally wouldn’t do that because come mot time it may fail as the exhaust has been modified.

some places may pass it, some may not.

Given your comments about student & not allot of money, I wouldn't waste your money on any exhaust part or intake, not worth it tbh, more of a placebo.

Use the money in something internal you'll either use or like seeing everyday, the exhaust & intake won't do anything to the 1.8.

Reactions: abmat
Extra noise will just be an annoyance on long journeys. I’m just old and like it quiet but have 3 other cars that are noisy for swanning around and on a track.