Convertible roof sticking

Tiprat

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, since it's been sunny again the other half has been using her 2007 bpw convertible. At first roof was working fine, now all it does is drop the windows and unlatch the top and it raises 2inches..... nothing else.

I can hear the motor turning in the boot. So I've read some threads, I've had the motor out, cleaned it made sure the brushes are moving freely, made sure the hydraulic fluid is fine, no change to the operation of the roof. I've made sure that both the boot rods and roof motor rods are connected, I've sprayed the switches with cleaner, and where possible made sure I can hear the micro switch "click".
Just to rule out the motor I even changed the boot motor from my convertible, no joy.
I've had my scanner on it (MK808) and these are the results.
Before I end up "swapping over" ever switch/part from my car to figure out what's up with her car if someone can offer any advice I'd be grateful. IMG 20200919 140147

Do all those codes come back after clearing them, then performing manual open close of the roof using the manual key, then auto open again?

With so many it's hard to know which ones are the source of the problem.

When mine did this, a refurbished motor swap really did cure it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Check the wiring at the bend above the driver, known spot for breakages.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

DK yes the codes come back after clearing them, my thought pattern is, the window switching should be ok since they go to the correct place every time I press the switch, the roof motor should be ok since that opens to the correct position, obviously same conclusion for the operating switch.
I've ruled out the motor since the motor on the 09 cab operates the roof perfectly, and having swapped the motor over and it stops in the same place I don't think it's that.

So I'm wondering if its either the boot lid switch, the switch in the drivers side that monitors the hood position (black plastic with 2 switches in) or maybe the "tray lid switch" thinking the shelf is in the up position.

I obviously stand to be advised by any of you though. ...

If the tray lid switch thought it was in the up position then I don’t think you’d get the roof to move at all. Try it with the tray in the up position and you should see no movement and a corresponding warning.

So after another fruitless day, this is where I'm at.....
Today as per Sveneng suggestion I did the tray lid and sure enough ruled that microswitch out.
Then I stripped out the back seats, removed the passenger side seatbelt, to gain access to the electrical connection to the microswitch that is at the top of the passenger side rear lid, I got someone to activate the switch, whilst I had my multimeter touching the contacts, everytime it was activated it registered so I think I can rule out that switch.
I then removed the motor from the drivers side rear wing, and changed each of the 3 solenoid valves in turn, for the ones on the 09 cab, I tried the roof after switch each one, this made no difference.
So tomorrow weather permitting I am going to trace where the wiring goes for the plug on the drivers side roof mechanism, (it's the black plastic one with 2microswitches in that rest against the roof bars, and check that they work.
That then only leaves me to swap the boot lock and roof lock with the 09 cab to see if I can find what's stopping it from operating....