Fuel filter location please

Arkwright007

Reaction score
I've scratched around under my A1 TFSI, checked under the bonnet and can't still find the fuel filter - had an A3 before and that was more obvious. Could anyone tell me where to find it? Also planning to change the oil filter too, so any help please?
Many thanks.

I've scratched around under my A1 TFSI, checked under the bonnet and can't still find the fuel filter - had an A3 before and that was more obvious. Could anyone tell me where to find it? Also planning to change the oil filter too, so any help please?
Many thanks.

Here you go. Rear drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy to change if the pipes unlock ok. Did mine on the A3 and ended up having to drop a new pipe from the fuel tank down to the filter because the locking mechanism broke and it would not reseal. Fortunately I left the pipe in place so could use it to pull the new one through, lots of wd40 or similar before you start is my advice

One thing to know, if anyone is reading this in the future, fear of ending up damaging one or more "push on" connectors made me prepare for this job on a 2002 Polo, same installation sizes, and so I ordered in a couple of repairs kits/parts that VW Group sell to cover this possibility.