Drivers side electric window fault

Strider81

Reaction score
Website
www.londub.com
My window decided that it doesnt want to go back up again. Rang Audi and they said £66.26 + VAT for the regulator i need to replace and more often than not the motor aswell £110 + VAT.

They also quoted 211+VAT to fit it all.

Gonna get the part and find someone to fit it for me.

But was wandering if any of you guys had a similar fault with their ess?

Do a search,theres a thread about it, its a very common fault.

However, I found it wasnt the regulator at all, only the clips, so I just hcnaged those at £4 each and all is fine now...

I had the same problem on my s3. My dealer just sprayed some silicon spray in it and it was OK.

the drivers side window in my a3 has been like this for a while. id fix it but its too much like hard work. i dont want to pay audi to fix it either. robbing ********.

Just fixed mine this weekend- the clips had broken and it wouldn't go back up without a helping hand. Took just over 2 hours, only thing to watch for is that you get the window subframe exactly alligned when you put it back in- mark the position with a marker pen beforehand. Still, £10 to fix saving over £100 is well worth the hassle. Did the same on my mate's Golf tonight, same principle.
There's an excellent guide by Chris Bartram at http://www.piglet-net.net/tech/cars/a3-window.html
Follow his instructions to the letter and you can't go too far wrong.

is it easy to take the door cards off?

I have no electric windows working, on my X reg A3 1.8T 5 door

Need to try and fix this week...

thank you

Dave

If none of your windows are working it sounds like something different.

Stupid question but have you checked the fuse

You can get the clips off ebay for £11 inc postage, i got some last week to fix my window + they are new style clips with metal inserts so that the same prob of broken clips should not happen again. I paid a garage to replace the clips for me it took them an hour so it cost me £50. I could of fitted them myself but i couldn't be ***** to fix it in the rain. Still alot cheaper than £211 + Vat.

bought a regulator for £76 and got fitted for £30.

thanks for the heads up folks- just read the replies and shud have bought a clip but hey ho.

uh my drivers window winds up slower in comparison to the passenger one- really annoying- any idea how to fix it or has the motor become knackered?

Could be your clips on the way out on that side too, mine was slow before the clips broke. The chap who sold me the car had put WD40 around the window to ease the problem but it was only a temp fix. A friend's Golf also suffered from slow windows before the clips broke and the window dropped into the door. When you replace the clips, make sure you grease the cable and runners.....