Suspension question

Watsy

Reaction score
Hey guys, totally new here and in need of advice....would I be able to fit suspension from an 8p s3 onto a 2.0 tdi 8p?? Any help or advice is much appreciated.

in theory yes, as itll physically fit.
in practice no, as the weights of the 2 are different, so will have an effect on handling and ride height.

in theory yes, as itll physically fit.
in practice no, as the weights of the 2 are different, so will have an effect on handling and ride height.

I was hoping it would drop the height even a little bit, how would it affect the handling? Due to the weight?

if you wanna lower yours, go with eibach or h&r spring kits. can get them for around £140.
cant see used s3 springs being that much cheaper, so youre not really saving. plus used vs new. also factor in the labour, if it turns out to be ****, youd have to get the whole lot changed out again.

engines weigh different amounts (id assume the diesel is heavier), s3s have quattro vs most other 8ps being fwd. thisll have an effect on the rebound rate and the ride height.

just doesnt seem worth guinea pigging it

if you wanna lower yours, go with eibach or h&r spring kits. can get them for around £140.
cant see used s3 springs being that much cheaper, so youre not really saving. plus used vs new. also factor in the labour, if it turns out to be ****, youd have to get the whole lot changed out again.

engines weigh different amounts (id assume the diesel is heavier), s3s have quattro vs most other 8ps being fwd. thisll have an effect on the rebound rate and the ride height.

just doesnt seem worth guinea pigging it
Ah right ok, a guy local to me is selling a full s3 set up (virtually brand new) for £50 so I thought it would give me the look I’m after as I don’t want to go crazy low and it’s oem so I was thinking it would be an easy fit, thank you so much for your advice much appreciated

Ah right ok, a guy local to me is selling a full s3 set up (virtually brand new) for £50 so I thought it would give me the look I’m after as I don’t want to go crazy low and it’s oem so I was thinking it would be an easy fit, thank you so much for your advice much appreciated
Use your stock springs with the new dampers? It’s £50 and a days worth of work to play with

and as a bonus you can replace the top mounts whilst you’re in there

Also depending on your spec it will tell you the bore of your hubs for the struts