Convenience turn signal FL S3

rafletcher

Reaction score
I was experimenting with VCDS for the first time, and had a couple of successes, with oil temp on DIS and exhaust flaps open, but I failed to find the option to change the number of cycles the convenience turn signal makes - I wanted to try it on 5.

I’d seen this

Adaptation of the turn signal cycle - TESTED AUDI A3 1.2T ‘13
--------------------
[09] Central Electronics -> Adaptation ->
Channel (2) Select Turn signal control convenienceturn signalflasher cycles – Set 1-5 (def=3)

but when I went to the adaptation I couldn’t find a “Channel (2)” and searching for “turn” didn’t throw up anything that looked like it.

Can this mod be done on the FL S3, and if so, how please?

STOP RIGHT THERE!! Have you managed to get the oil temp to stay on all the time on the DIS?? On an 8P??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998
unless you've done this already, its worth capturing a controller channel map before making changes and can also help find them in long lists of adaptions on the drop downs. do this for all you modules you have listed in your first scan, can take a while and flatten battery so do them one a time.

Go to main screen of VCDS.
Click Applications
click on Controller Channel Map.
Where is says Single Controller Address put in 09
Tick "Measuring blocks"
Tick "adaptions"
Tick output as CSV (it will open in Excel)
Click "Go"
the file ends up in VCDS Logs folder

Open in Excel and it will list all adaption channels and you can search through them to find a relevant adaption.

unless you've done this already, its worth capturing a controller channel map before making changes and can also help find them in long lists of adaptions on the drop downs. do this for all you modules you have listed in your first scan, can take a while and flatten battery so do them one a time.

Go to main screen of VCDS.
Click Applications
click on Controller Channel Map.
Where is says Single Controller Address put in 09
Tick "Measuring blocks"
Tick "adaptions"
Tick output as CSV (it will open in Excel)
Click "Go"
the file ends up in VCDS Logs folder

Open in Excel and it will list all adaption channels and you can search through them to find a relevant adaption.

Thanks, that’ll be useful :thumbs up:

09 usually can often have over 2000 lines so it can take a while,