RS3 wheels on S3

Renbxl

Reaction score
Hey guys

Happy owner of a 2017 FL S3 convertible,I just bought to a guy his OEM 19 staggered setup of wheels coming from an RS3 Sedan FL to replace mines on standard height.

Same wheels,same tyres on the rear (8x19 ET 49) 235 35 19
But different on the front (8,5x19 ET 53) tyres 255-30-19..

anyone know if I will have issues when putting that set on my s3?
I checked on willtheyfit and looks okay?
Not so worried about the 255-30-19 tyres and the 8,5inch rim (Please confirm?) but do I need spacers on front as offset goes up from 49 to 53 or should I be fine?

Any input appreciated!
Thanks

If you've bought them why don't you put them on and see for yourself?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CHEZ
Hey there

Didn’t get them yet,I expect the delivery next week.
And if I need spacers,i would prefer to order them right now.
I already read here that I will need a laser wheel alignment?

Last edited:
Already did..did u read my post?
I know it’s gonna get 10mm closer from the suspension strut!
My question is : Is it safe like that or do I need spacers with that setup?!
Do I also need for sure a laser wheel alignment with that setup?

Can anyone give me a good feed-back about this plz Thx

Last edited:
So i give my feedback to others if needed.
The RS3 staggered setup fits fine on my S3 convertible (same chassis as S3 saloon),just needed a laser wheel realignment.
I also use now 10mm spacers on the rear as front wheels are wider and got a bigger offset.

Last edited:
So i give my feedback to others if needed.
The RS3 staggered setup fits fine on my S3 convertible (same chassis as S3 saloon),just needed a laser wheel realignment.
I also use now 10mm spacers on the rear as front wheels are wider and got a bigger offset.
Let's see how it looks.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

255 fronts will be fine on the A3 convertible saloon but wont make it go faster though lol and fuel consumption will suffer far more as the wheels are heavier and there's far more rubber touching the road surface....car looks good by the way

Reactions: NevMan
Thanks! It’s an S3 310hp.
I didn’t care about the staggered setup,I just fount a good deal on EBay Germany so I took it.
I ve read that the larger tyres on front neutralise some of the understeer tho.

255 fronts will be fine on the A3 convertible saloon but wont make it go faster though lol and fuel consumption will suffer far more as the wheels are heavier and there's far more rubber touching the road surface....car looks good by the way
But better grip and better braking ...

With the TT being phased out is there now a gap for a convertible RS3, those RS wheels suit the car above.

u can't just send him such links and expect it is alright .. it is absolutely not designed for cars but only roughly estimate on all cars brands which is wrong..

Well as long as you have some basic knowledge I’d say it’s perfectly acceptable. And of course it works for cars. But better perhaps to use https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ as it gives both visual and written indication of the impact of changes.

Well as long as you have some basic knowledge I’d say it’s perfectly acceptable. And of course it works for cars. But better perhaps to use https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ as it gives both visual and written indication of the impact of changes.
Of course I have knowledge..
Where does it says for rear fitting?? You knowledge..
No not even your another link helps for us audi cars..
You can't put 245 wide tyres to the back and this sites won't tell you that.. And please don't mention spacers which shouldn't be even allowed or rather illegal on cars.. As the wheel isn't in center anymore..
Here is rear wheel 235 how close is to the fender that's why audi only install max 235 to the rear and max 255 to the front..

Here is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200619_220811.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619_220811.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 182