Where can I get new keys from?

Tiprat

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, so when we bought both cars they only came with 1 key each (2007&2009 cab TDI)
So now I'm looking at buying the Autel mk808 diagnostic scanner that also does key coding so it prompted me to think about new keys for each car, having looked on eBay I can only find keys for A4 yr 1996-2001.
Nothing for our cars, does anyone know of where to get a couple...
Thanks everyone.

Good morning Donfero been on eBay uk and Amazon, and can't find keys with the electronics inside, all I can find is either key covers or complete keys minus the electronics....
I'm sure there must be some somewhere because I seem to remember seeing them previously last year.

You can buy 'old' keys and replace the ID48 immo chip if you have the ability to program them.

The tougher part is getting the SKC code out of the dash to do so.

Good morning tr7 I'm led to believe that the scanner will retrieve the SKC code from the dash, however if I've read your post correctly, I doubt I'm good enough with a soldering gun to replace a chip on a circuit board, hence why I was looking at previously uncoded keys. But the I read from a seller of second hand keys that I could just "overwrite" the code using the existing keys but not sure if that was correct so didn't buy the keys.

Good morning Donfero been on eBay uk and Amazon, and can't find keys with the electronics inside, all I can find is either key covers or complete keys minus the electronics....
I'm sure there must be some somewhere because I seem to remember seeing them previously last year.
Amazon product

Amazon US

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

I sent you pm with the link

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

The immobiliser chips cannot be over written.

You need virgin ID48 chip if I recall for B7’s.

As for programming, please be careful. If you get this wrong your car will not start.