Best place for front lower arms

glenandem

Reaction score
As above can anyone advise the best place to get both lower front arms from without paying silly Audi prices and do you have any links?

As above can anyone advise the best place to get both lower front arms from without paying silly Audi prices and do you have any links?
Get a Meyle HD kit they are very good quality, come with all new nuts and bolts and have stiffer rubbers from OEM.

There's no point just replacing the bottom arms the top arms will be well past spec if the bottoms need replacing.

Don't buy any cheap Chinese stuff it won't last 12 months.

Also you'll need a full 4 wheel alignment on a hunter alignment machine or similar once the work is done.

This kit fits my 2010 A4 Avant

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162320458479

Give A to Z car parts a call, they are around the Leeds/Halifax area if I remember right, they are Meyle dealers and will be able to determine which kit is correct for your car.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Agree with jakm15's advice. Meyle HD comes with 4 years warranty. Lemforder is also OE kit. I used to use Murray's - but it's been a while since I've used them, plus I think their site was down recently. Very knowledgeable (if you've only ever dealt with Euro Carparts like something from the Wild West) - have your chassis number ready when you call them. http://www.murraysdirect.co.uk/

One point to note - if you tackle the upper arms, be aware the pinch bolt is now infamous as being an absolute pig pig to shift. You'll need a new pinch-bolt as a matter of course. Having tackled it a couple of times I'd spray PlusGas on it a few days before tackling, remove nut, then cut the head on the bolt, then add washers to wind it out. No point hitting it with a hammer. You can use heat and PlusGas to help. Only torque the upper arms once the car is on the ground or you'll stress the upper arm bushes.

Reactions: All-rod