mmi asking for password on start up

Rob Craven

Reaction score
Hi all,I bought an A3 1.5 petrol new in 2018,not messed around with the mmi much just the usual settings for music,and folding mirrors bits and bobs.I have an i-phone which I connect to the system by a cable in the centre storage box,apple car play all runs well.Now on entry I plug the phone in unlock it and of late on the screen the message in green text come up password required or cancel comes up,first time it happened i pressed password but no idea for what so I did not get far there,since I have just pressed cancel and it goes straight to normal screens,radio/media/maps etc,it has only been doing this for abpout two months prior to this straight to the mentioned screens.As you can proberbly guess not massviely techie I get by as most mid fifties do,glad to here any ideas as to what password,or how to get rid of it.

Thankss

Hi all,I bought an A3 1.5 petrol new in 2018,not messed around with the mmi much just the usual settings for music,and folding mirrors bits and bobs.I have an i-phone which I connect to the system by a cable in the centre storage box,apple car play all runs well.Now on entry I plug the phone in unlock it and of late on the screen the message in green text come up password required or cancel comes up,first time it happened i pressed password but no idea for what so I did not get far there,since I have just pressed cancel and it goes straight to normal screens,radio/media/maps etc,it has only been doing this for abpout two months prior to this straight to the mentioned screens.As you can proberbly guess not massviely techie I get by as most mid fifties do,glad to here any ideas as to what password,or how to get rid of it.

Thankss

Does it say "A password must be entered for this data transfer"

If it does do this: Go into the bluetooth settings on the iPhone, click the "i" on the Audi MMI, turn off "Sync Contacts" and then turn it back on.

Should be sorted ;)

If it does do this: Go into the bluetooth settings on the iPhone, click the "i" on the Audi MMI, turn off "Sync Contacts" and then turn it back on.

Should be sorted ;)
Thanks for the reply I will nip out in a while and try that,Iwill let you know how it goes

Should be sorted ;)
Followed your instructions to the letter went out to the car and bingo no notifications regarding password,what kind of magic is this.Thank you.

Followed your instructions to the letter went out to the car and bingo no notifications regarding password,what kind of magic is this.Thank you.
No problem, knew that would sort it :icon thumright:

There was an IOS 13.1 update late last year that messed things up, it drove me nuts until I figured it out....how and why does doing the above work??? :blink: