Mis fire

Markmantz

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I have an Audi A3 1.6 09reg . But I’ve recently had a little problem with it . When I’m idling at traffic lights etc (engine idles fine )and go and move of there’s a little jult like a little a mis fire , I’ve had my sparks plugs changed and the ht leads and coil pack but it still has this little mis fire . Any ideas would be grateful .

It's best to try and get car scanned that way you will be able to see if there is a fault leading to a misfire , as through experience ( well my mechanics ) it took days to track down my misfire and it ended up being the injector not saying it coukd be the same problem as you have but certain things need to ruled out first

When the car is idling it runs perfectly but when you want to go and drive off there’s just a little jult and it does it also when you want to take off quickly from the traffic lights . If it was an injector wouldn’t it be missing all the time and idling be more rougher.??

When the car is idling it runs perfectly but when you want to go and drive off there’s just a little jult and it does it also when you want to take off quickly from the traffic lights . If it was an injector wouldn’t it be missing all the time and idling be more rougher.??
On my S3 i never noticed much change until i scanned it and thats where it showed the misfire as a fault . In vcds you can see if there is a fault in real time without moving anywhere just with car on idle

On my S3 i never noticed much change until i scanned it and thats where it showed the misfire as a fault . In vcds you can see if there is a fault in real time without moving anywhere just with car on idle
So I need to find someone with a vcd!! Ok cheers mate thanks for your replies!!