Rear Passenger door shows open

kambi29

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

The car is Audi A3 2010. So the problem is that my rear right door shows constantly on the display that its open, and it wont lock. The window is in operation only from that door, the interior lighting and the footwell lightning is ON even when all the doors are shut. I read it with VDCS and it shows 01334 - door control module rear right no signal/communicaiton.

What ive tried so far is Ive disconnected the locking mechanism together with the driving motor for the window and replaced it with the one from the left door, nothing changed, when i put the "not working ones" in the left door, they worked fine. So i started looking for some broken cable, but all the cables to the front door are fine. Also i cannot lock the car from drivers door, and when i unlock the car from the remote, and hold the unlock button, the windows are not going down, i think that if the door is showing its open, thats why i cannot operate the windows, and the locking...so what should i check more?

Hello everyone!

The car is Audi A3 2010. So the problem is that my rear right door shows constantly on the display that its open, and it wont lock. The window is in operation only from that door, the interior lighting and the footwell lightning is ON even when all the doors are shut. I read it with VDCS and it shows 01334 - door control module rear right no signal/communicaiton.

What ive tried so far is Ive disconnected the locking mechanism together with the driving motor for the window and replaced it with the one from the left door, nothing changed, when i put the "not working ones" in the left door, they worked fine. So i started looking for some broken cable, but all the cables to the front door are fine. Also i cannot lock the car from drivers door, and when i unlock the car from the remote, and hold the unlock button, the windows are not going down, i think that if the door is showing its open, thats why i cannot operate the windows, and the locking...so what should i check more?

Hiya check out the front door control unit (window motor) out. The front doors are controlled via CAN and the rear are controlled via LIN via the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, on newer 8P 5 Dr, they changed from individual front & rear can feeds, to a front/rear door bus link, then the front doors had a can connection to the car so to speak, if this is broken then of course it won't work.

As above, on newer 8P 5 Dr, they changed from individual front & rear can feeds, to a front/rear door bus link, then the front doors had a can connection to the car so to speak, if this is broken then of course it won't work.

Too be fair NHN it wouldn’t be the first time a drivers door control unit has decided to throw a wobbler. If all the connections look good he could get lucky and try the old “IT Crowd” approach ie unplug the drivers door control unit and plug it back in again. If it shows as closed on the dash then you’ve got your answer. However a word of warning if that door decided to lock and stay locked you’re in for a world of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried unplugging the driver door, and it still showed open on the display, now i will try with front passenger door, but i think it will be the same. Because i opened the harness for the cables and they were good.

And one another thing, if they communicate with front doors then i would have a problem with the front door aswell or its not necessary?

Last edited:
So i disconnected front doors but the problem still persisted...what should i do next?

No good just unplugging stuff, nothing will work. Either take a gamble and change the rear door switch Or find and trace the can bus wires back to the front door checking with an ohm meter for breaks or short circuits. Also have a look at the looms between doors and the A posts which are a common problem on all cars.

On the working door understand which signal line changes when the door outs opened or closed.

then measure to see if you get the same reaction on the faulty side door to rule out a faulty switch, a multimeter will be sufficient for this.

then you can whip out the oscilloscope and compare the output waveform when the door switch is toggles over the BUS. LIN is very simple to work with, you just need 1 channel on the scope.

You are still reading and enough free time on your hands (pun intended) you could even cross the LIN between the left and right side to the known working front door module. Don’t worry nothing till get damaged it’s a 12V tolerant line. It’s very unlikely they changed the LIN encoding for left/right.

Last edited:
So u suggest to connect the terminal with the wiring on the faulty door to the terminal on a working one? I dont have oscilloscope, so this one it out of the game. I need help with finding the comfort module or body control module of this car, idk which one to look for, because im still thinking of faulty or somekind of coroded connection to this module, its not possible with disconnected latch to show that the door is open, that means somewhere should be some broken wire

Okay guys the problem was fixed!!! I was very excited when I found it, and it was hell of a search! The problem was in the terminal connector on the front passenger door, one of the pins inside was bend, and since i didnt dissassemble it the first time i didnt see it, but yesterday I discover that nasty sh*t and everything went fine! Thanks to all of your answers and guidance! Stay safe, and may the force be with you!