(Silly?) Cruise Control question...

It will work just the same.

Obviously on a manual you have to be in the correct gear before you engage cruise otherwise it will disengage when you press the clutch pedal.

I must say I find it great on a DSG as you can resume to a previously set speed and the DSG will change gear as required.

Yup, CC works fine on manuals. I had it on my last car which was manual and never had any problems. It tends to only get used at fast cruising speeds anyway, and as the speed is constant, it's unlikely you'll need to change gear to maintain speed so long as your engine is reasonably powerful (I doubt it would work so well in 1.2l Polo as it would in a 2.0l S3, as it wouldn't have the power/torque to maintain speed up larger hills without changing gear).

As far as I am aware,You can now spec CC on Manuals that use Fly by wire. So their is no cables involved as it is all controlled by electronics

Had it on both DSG and manual, great on both.

Yeh as said, works fine on manual, just stay in gear. Though I have to admit I did flash a few cars when getting used to the extra stalk!

I think you'll find that once you press the clutch the CC will stop but them once in another gear and you press resume the CC will try to reach the same intitial speed set. It does this until you turn the CC off (by pulling the leaver back) or switch the engine off....

H