AMI Issue - MMi 2G High A5 2007

leathers123

Reaction score
Hello!

I've recently got myself into a 2007 Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro, love the thing so far but unfortunately, I'm having an issue with the MMI, specifically, I believe the AMI.

Every so often the system cuts all audio, flashes and then does a mini restart and back to normal. This restart happens every 2 minutes when the car is 'on one'. I also lose all power through the AMI socket to my Bluetooth adaptor (Tune2Air). The restart will happen through any media - Radio, CD, AMI...

If I were to hazard a guess it's like something electrical is tripping out the system, either by overvoltage or something like - I've never played with Audi's before so no ideas on what it could be!

A video is probably more helpful than me babbling so here goes

My OBD11 shows a communication interruption on a fault code 03157 - Display control Unit?

I've already:
Updated to the latest MMI version
Updated the AMI itself through USB using .bin file.
Unplugged and replugged the AMI - this fixed it for a couple of days.

I think my AMI unit may be faulty - P/N 4e0 035 758A

view

I'm hoping... its not the dreaded B&O amp in the boot!

Any ideas or where to point are greatly appreciated!

I'll get the car booked in with a VCDS expert and hopefully find out the issue. Will post results.

If anyone has any clue in the meantime, please let me know :)

Hello!

I've recently got myself into a 2007 Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro, love the thing so far but unfortunately, I'm having an issue with the MMI, specifically, I believe the AMI.

Every so often the system cuts all audio, flashes and then does a mini restart and back to normal. This restart happens every 2 minutes when the car is 'on one'. I also lose all power through the AMI socket to my Bluetooth adaptor (Tune2Air). The restart will happen through any media - Radio, CD, AMI...

If I were to hazard a guess it's like something electrical is tripping out the system, either by overvoltage or something like - I've never played with Audi's before so no ideas on what it could be!

A video is probably more helpful than me babbling so here goes

My OBD11 shows a communication interruption on a fault code 03157 - Display control Unit?

I've already:
Updated to the latest MMI version
Updated the AMI itself through USB using .bin file.
Unplugged and replugged the AMI - this fixed it for a couple of days.

I think my AMI unit may be faulty - P/N 4e0 035 758A

view

I'm hoping... its not the dreaded B&O amp in the boot!

Any ideas or where to point are greatly appreciated!

If it does turn out to be the amp in the boot, there's a place in edinburgh fixes them which is potentially a much cheaper/reliable route