Eibach Pro-Kit alternative

lafa3ro

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been told that the Eibach Pro-Kit for my NA market A3 2.0 TFSI quattro is discontinued. Quite ****** about that since I'm hearing that 3 months after purchasing them through a Canadian retailer.

I already bought some top mounts from ECS and was looking at bilstein b4 for struts/shocks. I liked the Eibach springs because they were not a drastic change compared to the standard suspension setup. Not too low or aggressive, but OEM like comfort from what I hear.

With that in mind, what springs would be a good alternative? OEM sachs are way too expensive.

Thanks!

Give ‘Deutsch Auto Parts’ a call, they are in the USA and are experts in all things VAG. Find them on YouTube or Google.

Thanks sooty, DAP are great for sure. I know what my options are but I'm basically after some feedback of A3 8p owners who had similar springs to the Eibach Pro-Kit.

If anyone runs VWR (same set as golf 6 r) or Neuspeed springs I'd love to hear some feedback. H&R sports are very stiff according to what I read and ST springs, not much reviews available.

My original sline (North American) shocks are on their way out (130k km on them) so I wanted to fit new springs at the same time. Might just stick with original springs too.

I had the pro kit on my S3 and you only get the front springs so you drive round with the back jacked up. :)

Yeah, I'll definitely order some TT rear pads to get that rake sorted out :) Even on my OEM sport springs I get reverse rake.

Really close to order a set of VWR springs/dampers kit now, I really like the idea of having springs and dampers made to go together instead of having to try and match springs and dampers form different brands.

Such a shame that Eibach discontinued the North American Pro-Kit...

VWR stuff is really good. Dont know about the suspension but my VWR, CAI is quality.

Finally ordered VWR springs and dampers combo from Racingline Canada. Install should be done mid April. Can't wait!

Reactions: Konstantinos
When you guys installed lowering springs on an A3, did you replace the bump stops as well?

I ask because since the VWR kit does not come with new bump stops, I was wondering if I would be better off installing the mk6 golf R ones, since the kit was designed for that car in mind.

The drop should not be aggressive on the A3 but it is going to sit lower than the standard North American sline suspension.

Racingline kit finally came in earlier this week, getting it installed next week! Lots of stuff will be new:

- New golf R mk 6 bumpstops
- ECS high density front top mounts
- Rear TT spring pads
- This mk6 R racingline kit:

gdthhLql.jpg

I'll post my "review" once its done.

So, its been a week since the install. First of all, I will need complete tie rod replacement as my mechanic was not able to get the alignement spot on since they are completely rusted out. And since a few days, I can feel a slight play in the left front wheel when moving it by hand so yeah, should get better after that.

Current setup:
- Racingline mk6 golf R spring/dampers kit (VWR30G60R)
- New mk6 golf R bumpstops all around
- ECS tuning heavy duty front top shock mounts, OEM like rear shock top mounts
- Rear TT spring pads (gets rid of the reverse rake)

Comfort: This was a very important aspect for me since I mostly transport a family of 4 in my car. Very pleased with it, not harsher than with the old sline setup. Firmer for sure but handles the small to medium bumps real nice, way smoother than before. As for the bigger, stupidly big bumps we have here in the Greater Montreal area, you feel the shorter suspension travel but it stays composed.

Handling: Wow. When pushed on onramps and stuff like that (not much twisty roads around here) it is incredibly stable. I still havent find the limit obviously but I didnt have a single plow of understeer moment yet (it would probably be easy to reach on a track). Its much more stable during the turns too, the rear would sometimes step out just a little bit before, not anymore. The steering is also improved, a bit more direct than before, but that might be due to the new ECS tuning heavy duty front top shock mounts.

Looks: Awesome. TT rear spring pads definitely needed otherwise the reverse rake would be excessive IMO. I thought it would sit a little higher than that, but I'm still very happy with the stance. Lets see how it handles the winter :D.

04zBFqhh.jpg

Looks great, also as a side comment I really love the colour of your ride too.

Thanks man, that Pearl blue really grew on me since I bought it. Especially with a beige interior.

Now if I can find a couple of hours to clean and detail it...

It’s ended up with the same ride height as an Sline sportback, all good I would say.

Yep, an sline euro market ride height was about what I was looking for so I'm pretty pleased.

The tie rods are being replaced right now. Setup should be complete then.

Also, do we need an admin to change thread title? I'd like to have it changed so that fellow NA owners looking for a suspension setup know it exists. Something like: "VWR spring/damper kit for 8p A3 review" or something like that.

from what Model/year did you get the tt rear spring pads? Does anyone have a part number?