19" Tyre sizes.

ShEp1.8t

Reaction score
Hello all...

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section or been asked a million times..

I have bought some 19" Rotors, they will be going on an S3 Sportback (once I find a suitable one to buy) I bought the wheels already as I got a good deal on them, but now looking at tyres.

My first thought was 235/35r19 but someone said they may need to be 225/35r19.

Any info much appreciated, Just another not, it is the narrower of the 19" Rotors I have.

Thanks

Are they reps or genuine RS3 rotors? - what is the offset (ETxx)? You are likely to get rubbing at the back with anything wider than 225, even if you remove the screw in the rear arch.

Genuine

Have ordered 225's, will see how it goes, opted for budget as I'm in the trade, I will trial the 225's then go for my usual Rainsports if they check out okay.

Hello all...

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section or been asked a million times..

I have bought some 19" Rotors, they will be going on an S3 Sportback (once I find a suitable one to buy) I bought the wheels already as I got a good deal on them, but now looking at tyres.

My first thought was 235/35r19 but someone said they may need to be 225/35r19.

Any info much appreciated, Just another not, it is the narrower of the 19" Rotors I have.

Thanks

The STD 8P RS3 has 19-inch x 8J ET50 rotors and at the rear the OEM fit is a 225/35 tyre. Some 8P RS3 owners use a 235/35 rear, I do, both summer and winter rubber. However, on some 8P RS3 cars, not all, a 235/35 'kisses' the inner wheel arch on the outside edge. It is easy enough to tweak the inner wheel arch to provide clearance, but it remains 'close.'

The issue with the 225/35 on the 8P RS3 rear, however, is that there isn't a lot of rim protection, so be careful...

Thanks for the info 45bvtc

I currently have an 8p 3dr 2.0tfsi, I will trial the wheel on it with the 225's for now, It's proving to be difficult to find an S3 sportback, have looked at a few so far and none have lived up to whats advertised.

I'll update with how the 225's go.

Reactions: 45bvtc