charge cooler and pump mod info

Darren McDonnell

Reaction score
Hi All I am looking into doing the Pump mod and then a possible rad upgrade but I cant find the wiring diagram for the pump Mod does any one have this as all the photobucket images are locked with this info in.

Also does anyone have any advise on doing a DIY charge cooler upgrade.

Thanks

I am 99% sure that the "pump mod" (force it to 100% duty) only applies to the B8, not the B8.5. Further to that there may have been other changes Audi did when the CREC engine was introduced. Certainly the cooling was revised - the CREC s/c has larger intercoolers.

Thanks dippy I k ow the pump mod tells the ecu that there is an issue and forces the pump to run fully. I was after the wiring for it but you say it’s not the same on the 8.5 so may just look at upgrading the rad to help with cooling when I visit the track.

I like the have the cooling side of thing running as efficiently as possible as I feel it just adds to the safety.

This is one you want for b8.5 mines been running at 100% since summer 2018. No issues. I put a push connector on it so I could only run it in the summer. Well it went winter and I still had it cut haha
7663759c74e3a9e26f527decb3ea2bf1.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Some remaps such as MRC's already have this mod coded in so no need to cut the wiring.