dont have lots of time ??

v9290n0

Reaction score
as the post says i dont have all day to wash clay polish wax ect ect. so wot is best for a wash , dry , wax/polish type of thing . normally wash/wax the car each weak its a 52 plate a6 in dark blue the paints in quite good condition at the mo i use megs gold class wash and gold class wax but am runing out so want to try someting new. allso i dont have a garrage to work in so someting thats good in slight sun light would be good ( norrmally wash eary morrning or late evening ). thanx for any help.

Well dont know if this "up your street" but I recently picked up some all in one wash and was manufacturer is Simonz. I have similar enviorment to you and have the "Ming Blue" paint.in respect of claying its my understanding that this really doesnt need to be done any more than 2 times a year.
Anyway to continue I rinsed the car down and used the 2 bucket method However in the first bucket was this wash/wax the only thing to bear in mind with this is that you must not let it dry to much or it will leave streaks. After drying down I must say it left a very even shine on the car and even though I had washed the car down initialy by bucket (dont have access to power washer) the detergent in the mix did get rid of any residue.
I appreciate that this would be classified as the cheap and cheerfull method of washing but with limited space/resources it does me fine.

Last Thing got this from Halfords:icon_thumright:

Why not switch to a highly durable system that doesn't need topping up very often? This would then mean you'd only need to wash the car weekly, and top up the protection every 1-2 months. Claying and polishing reallly only need doing 1-2 times a year in most cases. Here's a suggested routine that will help you to achieve better results for minimal effort...

Wash (ideally every week)

Basic Wash Kit £34.85 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb500wash.html

Clay (once every 6-12 months, to remove bonded surface contaminants)

Meguiars Quik Clay Kit £10.95 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb100clean.html

Polish/Protect (polish/cleanse once every 6-12 months after claying, then protect every 4-8 weeks or so)

Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Kit £46.95 - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb505protect.html

The Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic Kit is a sealant-based system that looks great on silver, and offers terrific durability. The kit also comes with all the necessary applicator pads and buffing towels. The Prime Acrylic basecoat is a deep paint cleanser that also lays down a tough initial coat of protection; you should use it once every six months after claying (it serves as a light finishing polish to further cleanse the paint). Acrylic Jett Trigger is a pure spray sealant that should be used to add more gloss and durable protection every 4-12 weeks; the more layers you build up, the better the finish will get. The Acrylic Glos is a quick detailer, and can be used to help boost gloss and lubricate when drying off after washing, and to loosen the residues of Prime and Trigger if you find them hard to remove. Here are full instructions for the first major detail with the products...

After the initial wash and claying step to remove the bonded surface contaminants, start out by applying a basecoat of JEFFS Werkstatt Prime Acrylic using the white side of the Ultimate German Applicator Pad, and buff off this residue using the blue Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel, using a spritz of JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. Then apply a coat of JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger by spraying onto one of the yellow/coral Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels, wiping over the panel and then buffing off with the other Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towel, again using a spritz of JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. Then simply follow the above routine, adding a fresh coat of Acrylic Jett Trigger every 4-12 weeks. Apply all products to both paint and alloys.

:)