Seat Bolster collapsed

s4mark

Reaction score
Hi. I am currently fixing all the little niggles on my B5 S4.

The drivers seat foam leg support on the right hand side has collapsed and gone all squishy. Its bugging me because where the foam has collapsed it is starting to wear as it has no support between it and the spring / frame.

Is this something I could do myself or am I looking at a hefty bill from the stealers?

Cheers

you could search out an auto upholsterer or any upholsterer for that matter

Just find some foam and replace it will that but you might want to have someone help you with putting the seat back together

ive repair loads of seat foams in the past although never an A4 ,but its a pretty simple job to do and the only outlay is for a pot of contact adhesive and maybe half a square foot of cotton material.
you will need to remove the seat from the car and remove the plastic trim from the side of the base ,you should be able to remove the seat cover and foam from the seat frame by uncliping it round the edges ,leave it fixed to the foam as it will be attached to the center of the cover by hogrings or clips and roll the cover off of the bolster on the affected side .
now take your glue and apply it to both edges of the hole in the foam let it tack off for five minutes then press together ,next cut two pieces of fabric and glue them over both sides of the split,top and bottom of the foam(cotton curtain lining fabric or similar) to reinforce.
roll the cover back over and check the fit ,loose areas of the cover can be padded out with cotton wool on the roll or low density foam cut to shape.