a3 1.8t quattro

i did look at yours earlier today. nice car, looks smart. milage put me off tho, ideally after one with 50k or less miles

yeh, but if your gonna be upgrading replacing most engine components then this one is perfect for you lol

having said that everything is running brand new anyway so youi wouldn't have to lol

good luck with finding one though mate

hmmm true. would be going for new rods, valves and pistons, hpa gearset aswell. possibly 1900cc. how would high milage quattro system like 400bhp?:ermm:

i have absolutely no idea, if your willing to throw cash at it then maybe you are safer going for a lower milage car, but as far as i know audi parts (diff etc) can run for 200,000 miles easy, depends on how they cope under double the stress they were built for

my mate's dad had an old quattro and it ran until over 230,000 with the same diff, driveshafts needed replacing once or twice though lol

So did u try and get bits off direct from salvage people in the end? or just accept the 10k and be done with it?!

tried and failed to get bits from insurance co. ringing the salvage yard direct today....

update....soureced A3 quattro at last!its a Wreg (2000?) dark blue, totally standard, huge service history, 2 owners, and looks mint!all being well, should collect next sat sometime, will try and post pics if it ever stops rainingdrive was totally different to golf, felt a lot smoother and cabin looks a lot smarter.well happy