DRL not working

Fmaclennan

Reaction score
Hi.
I have now changed the ballast resistor on the head light. this solved the problem with the xenon bulb not working but after 39 minutes the DRL’s on that side have gone out. Could this be a faulty ballast resistor?
When I took the headlight off there was a lot of water in it, any idea where this is coming from?

Ballast resistor?

Do you mean the module or is it aftermarket xenon setup?

Lots of water isn't good & you need to make sure all seals are in place & tight, also check the headlight edges to see if the lense has come away at all from the housing to let water in.

Ballast resistor?

Do you mean the module or is it aftermarket xenon setup?

Lots of water isn't good & you need to make sure all seals are in place & tight, also check the headlight edges to see if the lense has come away at all from the housing to let water in.
It’s the actual module. Taking it out again tomorrow so will give the lens a good check. Thanks

Tbh I've had DRLs go funny on other side of the car when one side had faults so not unheard of.

Check the connectors for water ingress, hairdryer is king.

Tbh I've had DRLs go funny on other side of the car when one side had faults so not unheard of.

Check the connectors for water ingress, hairdryer is king.
Was thinking about using the hairdryer don’t have any other use for it
Is there supposed to be drain holes in the headlight ?

There will probably be a rubber tube coming of to allow air circulation so no condensation build up, check all around.

What I've done in the past is tap the headlight when droplets are on the lense,s these move down to the bottom before drying out as the dryer will leave droplet marks on the lense when drying if you don't tape the water downwards.

There will probably be a rubber tube coming of to allow air circulation so no condensation build up, check all around.

What I've done in the past is tap the headlight when droplets are on the lense,s these move down to the bottom before drying out as the dryer will leave droplet marks on the lense when drying if you don't tape the water downwards.
Excellent. That’s one of the jobs for tomorrow. Thanks