Brake disc cover plates

BigAlS3

Reaction score
Hello guys happy Christmas.

Not sure if this has been asked before ( can't find any information) need to change all 4 brake disc on my 2001 s3. Thought while working in that area it might be worth replacing the cover plates behind them.
My question is can they be replaced without having to remove the hubs which I don't really want to do.

Thanks
Al

Hello guys happy Christmas.

Not sure if this has been asked before ( can't find any information) need to change all 4 brake disc on my 2001 s3. Thought while working in that area it might be worth replacing the cover plates behind them.
My question is can they be replaced without having to remove the hubs which I don't really want to do.

Thanks
Al

Once the brake disc is removed from the hub you'll gain access to the 3-bolts holding the dirt shield to the bearing housing - the hub stays put

A6 backplate

See:
https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/2001-209/6/615-615016/#10

Thanks 45bvtc for your help. Would it be the same for the rears?

Yes, BigAlS3; rear brake disc off and you'll gain access to the 3-bolts holding the dirt shield to the bearing housing - the hub stays put

Excellent, thank you.
Might of seemed a basic question but just wanted to check before ordering the bits.

The rear ones can be removed but impossible to put back without removing the hub. Also get new bolts