Polished Bliss: Porsche C4S Targa

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
This was the latest Customer to sign up to one of our Vintage Maintainance Plans, for this rather nice 997 Targa:

The Customer is originally from Germany and actually collected the car from the factory in his homeland and he intends to use it for frequent visits back home - hence the German Reg plates and steering wheel on the wrong side :D :driver:

The car is also boasting slightly more than standard BHP, which is why it
has the all so fancy (and expensive!) ceramic brakes :thumb:

The car has done approx 3,000KM's and when i arrived it was in the garage all washed and dried from when he last had it out "to play", however there were alot of baked on flies etc that hadnt been removed from the wash and there was the odd missed bit here and there.
I closely inspected the condition of the paint and i could clearly see some marring and light scratches and even the odd hologram on the back quarters so i decided to just QD any dust and light dirt off the paint knowing that any marring i inflicted myself would be removed during the machine polishing stage.

As with any customer that comes on board with us to have a maintainance contract, they get a paint inspection report, so my first job was to take detailed paint readings and save them to memory so they can be uploaded to the computer, the car was reading a healthy 100-120microns with the bumpers verging on the thin side at anything from 40-60!

The front end was clayed with an aggressive clay to remove the dead bugs etc from the paint and windscreen/wing mirrors.

No before pics of the defects as they were quite light in all honesty and didnt really show up, but they were all removed with the more aggressive of the 2 finishing polishes that i regularly use :)

Once that was done, i then HD Cleansed the paint as usual and then applied Zymol Vintage by hand as per norm.

Whilst the wax did its thing i HD Cleansed the glass - the great thing about the Targa is that the rear screen is a bit easier to do than normall 911's :)

The tailpipes were also polished:

before:

after:

The interior was also done, with the Leather being fed with Zymol Treat, and the rubbers around the doors etc were treated with Zymol Seal.
No before pics as it was pretty clean before:

I also spent a good hour and a half making sure the alloys & Calipers were spot on, as there were a couple of stubborn tar spots on the inside rims that needed removing. They were then sealed and the tyres were dressed, aswell as the arches.

I then gave the car a final wipe down with Zymol Field Glaze and got out the camera :)

enjoy :)

Ctargad.jpg