ABT remap

Katy_S3

Goodwood Green Baby
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this company think they have a place in oxford....they are advertised in my Audi driver magazine and i think thats who has done the remap on my car..................well its was either ABT or AMD i aint got the car so havent got paper work in front of me!!

Hello katy ;-) AMD were based in Oxford (Bicester), from what i undestand they have been bought out.

Nice photo by the way ;-D

Ciao

Yeah frm what i can gather car was re-mapped in 2004 but the company still advertising in audi driver which i just bought last week I really think it was ABT that was on the paperwork but i could be wrong............i havent driven a standard S3 and have only test driven mine but compared to my BMW it was definately quick, in fact was very surprised it was pulling rather quickly even in 6th gear!! only other car I've driven like that was an EVO 9

Well clearly an S3 is not going to keep up with an EVO 9 if thats what your questioning but its the evo is the only other car I've driven that pulled in 6th gear...........to be fair though i havent driven many cars with 6 gears haha so maybe i should just shut up

Evo scared **** out of me though

You could do allot worse than go to APS, every time ive called theyve been helpful and generally get a good review on here allot of the old AMD staff are now there from what I gather

Mine and a mates S3 will be visiting them shortly for a Remap and valve

Hope this helps

D

However I do note you are "tup noorth" so would be a trek!

Katy_S3 said:
i havent driven a standard S3 and have only test driven mine but compared to my BMW it was definately quick,
All the standard S3's ive driven felt a bit crap to be honest,for a car with 225 bhp i was very disappointed.
Which bmw did you have?

I used to have a BMW 320 ci very pleasing to the eye but performance was pretty poor, but to be fair i'd just come back frm court after getting away without a ban so i was trying to calm down!!

My S3 has already been re-mapped i just wanted to know if anyone knew about the company, ill check the paperwork when i get the car see where its been, the print out siad it had 265bhp

I drove an APR'ed 265 bhp S3 and it was very impressive.Miles better than standard.

Self discipline but that is easy for any one to say, when you have all that BHP at your disposal - proof is in the pudding.

Should i be scared of this car? I was very insulted the other day when someone suggested it may be to fast for me!!

Scared of an S3?

Nope.

Its very very hard to mistreat the S3, the haldex and the fairly poor handling as standard keeps you the driver firmly grounded in reality.

An E36 M3, or an Evo, then yeah, maybe.

To be honest even if my *** is nipping the seat the whole way home ( 4 hours drive when i've picked it up) I'll still have a smile on my face!! No way am i handing this bad boy back!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm pretty excited!!

unless an ex has circulated some online............guess not!

I have had people tell me a car is too fast for me in the past i just ignored it.

If your gonna do it, try and make sure it's not generic. Get it completely custom coded via rollers to get the full potential out of the car! :D