Help car won't start

S3STE1977

Reaction score
Afternoon you lovely people.
I've just been to the local coop and when I got back in the car it wouldn't start. It's a 2000 s3 and when I turned the key all the ignition lights come on but when I turn the key to start it nothing. No click from the starter no noise at all. No dimming lights on the dash light it's trying to draw power just nothing.
I managed to bump the car off and it drove fine it wasn't trying to cut out.
I've had a quick look at the batter terminals and all seems OK.
I can't do much more tonight now it's dark and scary so just thought I would check in with you lovely lot to see if anything obvious jumps out?

Reactions: Asim1
Afternoon you lovely people.
I've just been to the local coop and when I got back in the car it wouldn't start. It's a 2000 s3 and when I turned the key all the ignition lights come on but when I turn the key to start it nothing. No click from the starter no noise at all. No dimming lights on the dash light it's trying to draw power just nothing.
I managed to bump the car off and it drove fine it wasn't trying to cut out.
I've had a quick look at the batter terminals and all seems OK.
I can't do much more tonight now it's dark and scary so just thought I would check in with you lovely lot to see if anything obvious jumps out?
Sorry I cant help just found it funny when you said it was scary

Reactions: Tj 0785
Haha. I was watching a police interseptors the other day and it was filmed in Bradford. They were chasing an audi rs3 and the officer said oh what a surprise an audi driving fast in Bradford.
That won't be me if I can't get my car going.

Reactions: Alistair D
Problem solved. It was the small wire on the starter that had snapped. I've managed to bridge it bodge with a crocodile clip so now it starts.
Does anyone know if its an earth wire? It goes from the bottom of the solonoid into the starter. Does anyone know if you can replace it or do I need to rethink the quick bodge for a more professional bodge?

Reactions: Asim1