FL S3 LED Headlight problems

Shorty_rs

Reaction score
Hey lads,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help. I have a 2018 FL S3 with the standard LED headlights. One of the headlights was damaged so a new control unit was bought - its the large control unit at the bottom of the headlight.

The control unit is the same part number etc. However when i fitted it, the dipped beam and main beam (flash) don't work. The fuse for the light is ok and i have swapped the control unit to the other light to prove my headlight and wiring is ok.

I have 2 codes on VCDS...

Supply voltage for LED control module - Right. Short to ground

Bulb for low beam headlight - Right. Short to ground

Im thinking the control unit i bought is faulty? Someone said they need coding in but i dont think they do?

Any ideas?

Cheers

When you moved the module to the other side did the faults also move?

Do these modules need coding? If new yes, the module will need coding, adapting and indeed parameterising. If used then you should be ok.

The errors you have, might be an idea to post a full and unedited autoscan for context, suggest broken connections.

Yes the fault moves when I swap to the other headlight. So it proves all the external wiring and internal wiring of the headlight. It points to the module but I just wanted to know weather it was worth trying another module

Yes the fault moves when I swap to the other headlight. So it proves all the external wiring and internal wiring of the headlight. It points to the module but I just wanted to know weather it was worth trying another module
Well... what happens if you move the working module over?