B6/B7 S4 diff mods (moved from general technical)

tonsofun

Reaction score
I am in the market for my first S4, budget means I'm looking at either a B6 or B7, it will just be my toy as we have family car. Am selling my T5 transporter, so exact budget will depend on how that goes.

I have done a bit of googling, as i was interested in the B6 "4:1 diff" modification that seems common in America a few companies offer a unit exchange package (and will ship to the uk), this paired with a LSD on the back would offer a much more thrilling drive, and appeals alot. But not found anything in UK about this.

Have also read the B7 (and the B6 RS4) has this diff (or same torque distribution) as standard (some places it says 2007<) is this true, as I can spend more on the car as mod wouldn't be necessary.

^^how much of this is correct??

Is there anyone in UK that does this, the mod is very simple apparently??

Has anyone done this on here?

LSD....does anyone offer a kit here other than Quaife?

I’d be very interested in an upgrade kit for the Torsen T2 diff fitted in the 2.0T, to gain the features/split of the T3 would be superb.

Interesting that they offer this in the US (maybe if brexit ever happens we’ll have cheaper parts from the US??) but not in the UK annoyingly.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Company called JHM and stasis do the conversion as an exchange unit in the US, and there's alot of DIY conversion 'walk throughs' I haven't read them yet, although I gather is a reasonably simple job, but it's a bit much for the time/tools I have these days.

May have to get a decent walk through and take it to a decent local garage, see if they would do it....I know of one who does fabrication, machining regularly, so should be right up his ally....

If anyone else has more info, would ve great

Mark

Reactions: WattsLinkage