coilover advice

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys, im having my ap racing brakes fitted next week and was wondering whether i should fit coilovers while im at it, the car currently runs on eibach -20mm springs and the ride is great but im after more of a sport ride, although not harsh, anyone have any ideas? cheers daz

I've never ever ever had coilovers that werent harsh.

I'd stick with shocks/springs

well a mate of mine ran his ibiza on vmaxx and they were fine, and there was a guy with them on here not long ago that got some, anyone know how he got on?

depends on your view of harsh.
I have KW v3's on full soft at the rear and slightly harder at the front. work a treat

Well, i agree, there are varying levels, but we are talking Audis here, which are meant to be smoooooooooooth.

I'm currently running FK Koenigsports on 1/4 turn off soft and they are still awful on bad roads.

like you say guys we have different views of harsh, well im thinking of going with the vmaxx as ive read they are v smooth for coilovers and it'll be a cheaper mistake if i dont like them i suppose, thanks for feedback guys, if anyone has been in an s3 with the vmaxx any info would be great thanks , daz

I've got fk coilovers and i think the ride is much better than when i just had lowering springs. It is a firm ride but it's still very comfortable and the handling is 10 times better. Highly recommend fk coilovers.