Dump valve/ turbo flutter

blondieee

Reaction score
So, long story short I had a turbo leak that I got fixed or so I thought but they didn't fit it properly. So anyway, I fixed the leak myself recently and ever since I have had major turbo flutter. I have a forge dump valve, and it had a RED spring in it. I have ordered tuning springs to change it which should be here in the next couple of days, in the meantime I cut the spring slightly to see if it would make any difference, it didn't. My question is, do you think this could be all down to the wrong spring, or another problem, possibly with my dv? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I understand that and Will be going for that, I've not been able to pick one up over the last couple of days. This dv came on the car, nd hasn't cause any problems until now so it hasn't bothered me. I did however pick up another dv from a mate and I'm still getting major flutter like it's not dumping at all. So would I be looking at a possible vacuum leak? Or the n249 isn't working? I'm trying to figure this out, so on a standard car with the standard diverter valve is there still a n249 valve? and if so what does it do?

Yes, there will be an N249 on even with the stock DV. it’s the boost control solenoid - essentially, it opens when commanded by the ECU.

Kind of clutching at straws based on current information.

-Is your car remapped or stock?
-Do you have any mods? If you have an intake -fitted you will hear more flutter.
-What was the turbo issue you fixed and what was the fix?
-Have you scanned for errors - do you have access to VCDS or similar?

Yes, there will be an N249 on even with the stock DV. it’s the boost control solenoid - essentially, it opens when commanded by the ECU.

Kind of clutching at straws based on current information.

-Is your car remapped or stock?
-Do you have any mods? If you have an intake -fitted you will hear more flutter.
-What was the turbo issue you fixed and what was the fix?
-Have you scanned for errors - do you have access to VCDS or similar?

But the stock dv isn't vacuum controlled, is it?

Yes stage 2 revo.
I have an intake fitted but it's not dumping at all, I get constant flutter.
It was missing the rubber on the bottom intercooler pipe, causing a boost leak.
No errors at all, and yes I have vcds.

It seems like now I have more boost, that it's just not dumping at all and I'm not sure why.

Stock dv is electronically controlled.

Change the dv and see how you go. If it’s no better have it smoke tested. There may not be enough pressure in the test but it should highlight any leak.

So why do you need the n249?

I have new codes as of today, system too lean bank 1

The N249 tells your DV when to open. So it’s needed.
On the precious 8L you could bypass this to adjust the boost but the 8P is completely different.
Google will be able to tell you more.

what code are you getting?

P119a (new again)
P0171system too lean
P2177 system too lean off idle

Anyone any idea where I start? Audi s3 8p, just replaced the intercooler pipe cause I had a boost leak, from there I have had all sorts of problems appear. I have found a broken n75 valve so replaced that, and also got a new diverter valve as I was having flutter with my forge recirc (still having the same amount of occasional flutter) now the car is running lumpy and todsy engine management has came on with the p119a code, I'm going to check my main seal, but I think I got that replaced lately when I got my clutch done. I can't find a part for the sensor so I'm guessing it's the whole fuel pump? Or something else? Any help appreciated