Job vacancies in motor-sport??

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys wondered if you could possibly help?

Im literally sick of my curernt job been here 18 months the training... well there is none, anyway i wont keep going on about how boring my current is.

I really want to go back to what i love doing and actually do somethign i might enjoy! I did alot of racing ot so long ago and had to give it up for family reasons and that.

Any-way motor-sport is my passion in life and that's what id love to get a job in! Problem is i know motor-sport is alot of word of mouth stuff. Lost alot of my contacts from when i was racing.

Just wondered if you guys knew where to look for vacancies in motor-sport? Im guessing the motor-sport news paper and autosport magazine, thats all i can think of!

Cheers

Jason

If you have a past history in the sport and also some sort of education. Might be worth writing to teams in the sport i. e. Prodrive, Red Bull Racing etc. Maybe you can get something that way.

Cheers guys its just finding the right address to send them to, because they could just get binned straight away!

Jason

A3_Turbo said:
Hi guys wondered if you could possibly help?

Im literally sick of my curernt job been here 18 months the training... well there is none, anyway i wont keep going on about how boring my current is.

I really want to go back to what i love doing and actually do somethign i might enjoy! I did alot of racing ot so long ago and had to give it up for family reasons and that.

Any-way motor-sport is my passion in life and that's what id love to get a job in! Problem is i know motor-sport is alot of word of mouth stuff. Lost alot of my contacts from when i was racing.

Just wondered if you guys knew where to look for vacancies in motor-sport? Im guessing the motor-sport news paper and autosport magazine, thats all i can think of!

Cheers

Jason

A mate of mine wanted to do the same some years ago. He ended up attending a course at Brooks university in Oxford from which most of the racing teams recruit. Took a lot of balls for him to give up a good job to do it as it was a 3/4 year course but he was almost quaranteed a placing afterwards.
Must admit that I have lost contact with him but the last I heard was that he was working on a bike racing team somewhere in the midlands.

The way i got in was go to meetings and talk to people.
Ask a round when your there but take a CV with you and include details of your racing
Good luck with your job hunting.

Are you after a job in design or more of a spanner jocky? If the latter then you would be much better offering your services for free to the likes of a F3 team (at the weekends). Then network like crazy.

One of my neighbours sons went straight from college to being an F1 mechanic.

I think he was also a junior karting champion etc.

There is a big demand for jobs in the motorsport industry, unless you know who to contact then it will be tough, its very much 'not what you know but who you know' kinda area.

I'd advise you to do some motorsport engineering course at a well known Uni or College which will give you much more chance of getting into Motorsport.

U need to look good on paper if you hand your CV out to people.