exhaust manifold split

S3_Jack

Reaction score
Hi all,
My exhaust has always had a slight blow from the front end since I haved owned it and I have only just got round to seeing what the problem is,anyway it turns out there is a crack in the manifold,I have been searchng through previous posts to see if there is an upgrade available as I now think this is as good an excuse as any to do a little upgrading.My main thought was turbo upgrade ,manifold downpipe etc but that really is daft money for me to be spending at the moment,does anyone have any experience or opinions on replacing the stock manifold with an equal lenght manifold,again I will just be using the stock K04 turbo as I do not have the funds to go for a big turbo conversion,are there any gains to be had fitting one of these equal lenght manifold or am I just aswell looking for another oem unit ???
Cheers guys

There was a post on the TT forum regarding these manifolds,they're still in the region of £800

I was under the impression that a hybrid K04 was not really regarded as a good upgrade for the S3,what is the difference between a stock K04 and a hybrid i.e what internals are changed,I have a T3 from my old sierra cosworth sitting doing nothing,is it not possible to utilise anything from it ???

Generally, a hybrid will have either T3 or GT28RS internals. Personally I'd ssay its about the best turbo for the S3 from a driveability point of view - very fast spool up, and about the right amount of power for the chassis.

I assume after fitting the eqaul length manifold and k04 hybrid it would need a custom map,my car already has the a star performance remap on it and is pushing 265bhp,fitting the above set up should then be pushing near to 300bhp.Does Jim at star do the custom maps ?? Regarding my previous post,would it be possible for me to use my T3 turbo that I have for upgrading my K04 or is that a job best left to professionals.I was just curious to know what internals are changed and how easily it could be done ????

i think those gains are on a k04 , although he had a hybrid , they claim there is a 30bhp gain from a stock k04 ,

and no i dont think it does need mapping again , have a read through , they claim that was on the same map , i think

nick-barnes07 said:
i think those gains are on a k04 , although he had a hybrid , they claim there is a 30bhp gain from a stock k04 ,

Read it again, the claims are comparing things to a stock K04 manifold. You can't get over 300bhp from a stock K04 turbo.