Smoking Brakes

amoffat

Reaction score
Website
www.uk.experian.com
This morning on-route from Notts to Lincoln there was an accident and part of the A46 from Newark was closed, already running very late, I was forced to go cross country Colin McCrae style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Things were going well and it was ****** good fun, then I got to a T junction. I pulled up behind another car, stopped and then noticed smoke pouring from the front sides of my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I jump out to take a look and there was smoke pouring from my brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif The smell was horrendous, and they weren't feeling very well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It just reminded me of how bad the brakes really are, I did a similar drive last week with the Cupra R with no effect on the brakes at all!

Looks like it some APR pads now, and see how they go before upgrading to drilled disks if required /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Has anyone else experienced similar with their brakes?

Smoking brakes eh? You tried Niquitin CQ? They are transparent, so should not invalidate the warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif