Cleaning MMI Screen

Harey

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, I’ve done a search, but can’t find an answer.

What’s the recommendation on cleaning the MMI screen?

I’ve had a number of Audi’s before, and normally you can turn the screen off. However on my MY2018 C7, the screen retracts when off, so it will need to be while cleaned on. I don’t want to damage it with cleaner when on, and I’ve heard the pixels can be damaged also while the screen is on.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Chris

I just use water and a microfiber cloth, most cleaning chemicals will damage the anti-glare coating.

I have simply used a microfibre cloth to gently wipe/sweep away dust. If there was anything sticky on the screen, I would likely lightly spray a bit of lens cleaner on the cloth and wipe gently. Much like the LCD tv screen at home. Good or bad, that is my routine.

Hi,

Sorry, I’ve done a search, but can’t find an answer.

What’s the recommendation on cleaning the MMI screen?

I’ve had a number of Audi’s before, and normally you can turn the screen off. However on my MY2018 C7, the screen retracts when off, so it will need to be while cleaned on. I don’t want to damage it with cleaner when on, and I’ve heard the pixels can be damaged also while the screen is on.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Chris

I just use water and a microfiber cloth, most cleaning chemicals will damage the anti-glare coating.

Thanks, I guess you have the screen open and on to do this?

Yes, just do it when it just been switch on so there is no thermal shock as it were, and I've never had a problem and the coating still looks fine.

i use a microfibre, if it needs more just a tiny bit of glass cleaner

I use a microfibre cloth & the lens cleaner i got from the optician on mine & that works fine. My lenses have an anti reflection coat on them & the lens cleaner works great on both.