Q5 Q5 55 TFSIe Hybrid

SirPodgio

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For a while I've wanted an SQ5 but considering the new hybrid as it provides comparable performance and reduced running costs. What do you lot think? Not seen any posts about the hybrid yet.

My local dealer has one arriving very soon and is trying to convince me to part with my hard earned cash. It's a maxed out spec at £62k RRP and he's offered it for £5k discount. Can't decide if this is a good offer or not. I think so but still a lot of money!

Reactions: NevMan
Hey guys,

For a while I've wanted an SQ5 but considering the new hybrid as it provides comparable performance and reduced running costs. What do you lot think? Not seen any posts about the hybrid yet.

My local dealer has one arriving very soon and is trying to convince me to part with my hard earned cash. It's a maxed out spec at £62k RRP and he's offered it for £5k discount. Can't decide if this is a good offer or not. I think so but still a lot of money!

Have you tried DtD for a comparable price? Standard Q5s were 15% or so off so he would be a long way off if that applies to the hybrid too..

Seems to me you get nearly the performance of an SQ5 with nearly the looks and spec, but for a bit more.... But the Q5 to me is all about the refinement and I imagine this is even more serene when in electric mode...

Err what's DtD?

I noticed the decent discounts on the standard Q5. I highly doubt this would apply to the hybrid as it has hardly released yet.

I test drove the standard 2.0 tfsi - not a bad car overall but want just a bit more power! The hybrid gives me that but as it's a new model and a brand new car the price is high. Trying to decide if it is too high or I'm simply not used to spending so much money....!

Err what's DtD?

I noticed the decent discounts on the standard Q5. I highly doubt this would apply to the hybrid as it has hardly released yet.

I test drove the standard 2.0 tfsi - not a bad car overall but want just a bit more power! The hybrid gives me that but as it's a new model and a brand new car the price is high. Trying to decide if it is too high or I'm simply not used to spending so much money....!

DtD = Drive the deal

https://www.drivethedeal.com/

Also worth trying www.carwow.co.uk to see what offers come back as a starting point.

Ah that's interesting. I hadn't heard of Drive the Deal. I've been keeping an eye on Carwow for a while which hasn't offered much for the hybrid so far, but DtD is showing a discount of nearly £9000! Thanks for the tip!

No worries. With DtD you deal direct with a dealer that they put you in touch with, never used them to buy as always got a local dealer to price match but a friend got an A class through them when it was a new model and they were massively impressed with the process.

Good luck. Alternatively a nice second hand SQ5 would be less. West London Audi have a lovely 2 year old one.... ;)

Or an X3 M40i - BMW doing great deals on those currently. You will get indicative pricing on those via Broadspeed....

West London Audi are utterly horrendous to deal with tho.

The E Hybrid looks to be a good middle ground although for the price of the 55 you could get a new S5....

I bought my RSQ3 from West London Audi - gave me a cracking price for my RS4, 6 months ownership cost me £850 :icon thumright:. They seemed OK - part of the Sytner Group in truth - the used car sales guy I dealt with, Dennis Roberts, was excellent.

I bought my RSQ3 from West London Audi - gave me a cracking price for my RS4, 6 months ownership cost me £850 :icon thumright:. They seemed OK - part of the Sytner Group in truth - the used car sales guy I dealt with, Dennis Roberts, was excellent.

Indeed it was Sytner Group Purchasing who bought my car and delivered it down there. I would say the price is a tad optimistic but it appears to have sold!