S3 : Milltek.. Full Exhaust !

Ooo that would be interesting. So for the same money roughly I could get that done...
Dunno about loud though, I mean I want it to have a burble, as in a VERY DEEP idle but not loud at all and definitely raspy! That'd be the worst!

I live in South London/Surrey so QSTuning are not too far off me which is why Miltek is an ideal choice for me.
I'm asking all the questions just so when I ring up I know what to ask for but i'll take that into account.

Thanks jamos3

i would only reccomend it if you was going for more power than power than a remap ie bigger turbo if not the miltec would be fine and sounds nice on idle, the custom one would be very loud even in side the car it would do your head in after a couple mins, check out some of the recent posts on exhausts

Custom exhausts made by the likes of powerflow are a total waste of time if your after a decent system. They use the same box's for every application which is not good.

Milltek ensure that every box and designed and built to each application. So they are an improvement over a standard system.

Millteks full system from turbo back is expensive but a good way to go and you would be safe in the knowledge that as far as tuning is concerned the exhaust can't can't be bettered, my cat back system is on order, and am still deciding on their down pipe and sports cat. Just waiting for some prices on 200 cell cats to integrate into my standard front section.

If the standard downpipe is a great deal smaller on diameter than the Milltek version, I will get the Milltek.

emzino said:
Ok I understand about the free flow/hi-flow stuff now :idea:

Very good way of putting it, lol I love aero's too :icon_thumright:

Now one last question MattS... I got a 2.0TDI 8P. What's the best setup to have? I'm gonna get it custom coded on rolling road by MTM and it's advised to get this done before hand so everything can be taken into perspective.

Now i'm definite on the 200cell/hi-flow CAT but as for the actual system, would it be a turbo back or just a standard miltek full system. I still get thrown off with that.

Many thanks for your help.

Full exhaust system, custom re-map a decent panl filter like K&N. This should give you a good increase over standard, a replacement intercooler would be the next stage to reduce inlet tempuratures and hybrid turbo's are the next stage after this.

All depends on your budget. Hope this helps.

Ok cool. So it's gonna be:

Turbo back with 200cell CAT (aka hi-flow/free flow/sports CAT), completely custom coded remap, forced cold air intake then thats about it for this summer hopefully lol but yea hybrid down the line :)

Now you say intercooler, hasn't the 8P 2.0TDI's not already got a FMIC?

It has a FMIC, but in this case bigger is always better ;)

Also if you are looking for more power you can replace the turbo with a bigger one. You will be probably looking at 230-240 Bhp but it's an expensive job and you will also need a custom made manifold (for the new turbo), a bigger FMIC, a custom made ECU Remap and maybe a new clutch to handle the extra torque.

Personally, I think it would be cheaper to sell the TDI and buy a TFSI which has more potential.

aiculedtzu said:
It has a FMIC, but in this case bigger is always better ;)

Also if you are looking for more power you can replace the turbo with a bigger one. You will be probably looking at 230-240 Bhp but it's an expensive job and you will also need a custom made manifold (for the new turbo), a bigger FMIC, a custom made ECU Remap and maybe a new clutch to handle the extra torque.

Personally, I think it would be cheaper to sell the TDI and buy a TFSI which has more potential.

Well the only real reason I wanted to go down the TDI Tuning route is because at the end of it I still wanted it to retain it's high MPG figures. Im hoping after all it's mods i'll still be able to get 40-50mpg with very reserved driving which is what I do now.

What kind of MPG figures do you think i'll get after the mods, would it still be diesel terrirtory?

I know this is prob in the wrong section but im a nubie, can anyone tell me if a Audi 2.0 TFSI, Back box will fit my Audi A3 TDI Sport, thanks guys.

MONKIEE said:
I know this is prob in the wrong section but im a nubie, can anyone tell me if a Audi 2.0 TFSI, Back box will fit my Audi A3 TDI Sport, thanks guys.

No - different shape.

Hi Folks,

For those of you who have a Milltek fitted to their S3/2.0T, did you opt for the resonated or non?

Cheers,

C

I am thinking about getting this done also, can anyone who has one let em know if they think its worth the cash? Which one did you go for? Anywhere in the North that fits these?

Oh and will I see gains even though Im added the exhaust to a car already remapped? Or do I need it tuning again?

I'm sure Awesome fit these in Irlam, Manchester.

You should not really need it remapping again as the turbo will benefit from a better spool up due to the less restrictive exhaust.

I have one mate and although it is expensive i don't regret that i've bought it.

You don't need a remap after fitting one BUT for best performance figures you will need a stage 2 remap. Contact your tuner, he will know what to do ...

Can the Milltek exhaust be fitted easily? For those of you who've had it done, did you experience any fitment/rattling issues?

Also, any pictures from under the car?

Cheers

Yes, it's easy to fit. The only problem is with the downpipe because you will have to remove the cardan.

Sorry, I don't have pictures from under the car.