19s on A3 sportback

Ro53yy

Reaction score
Hi guys new on here and could do with some advice please. I’ve got my 2010 sportback with good mileage and great condition I would like to keep the car but it’s only the se model. I’m looking at updating the outsides overall look and have been offered my friends 19” TT wheels. I understand it will take a bit of work to make them fit but I’m after so advice on tyres and lowering. The wheels have good 255 35 19 tyres but I understand they will not fit on the A3 can I ask what tyres might be best for the 9x19 please?
Also I’m looking at lowering the car just so it looks right (if that makes sense) not too hight but low enough that I can carry 4 people. I’m not looking for performance but looks as I only do about 5-10 miles per day. Springs only or coilovers?
Thanks for any advice Paul

Are you sure the TT wheels are 9x19 ? whats the offset ?

Reactions: Ro53yy
131CB68D B3FE 4B2B 81BD CF9AA886EBCF

At ET52, they’ll rub on the inside of the wheel even with smaller tyres. You’ll need to experiment with various spacers to achieve the right fit.

Yeah I have a number of size spacers from my friends garage to try today. I was wandering if anyone is running 9x19s on an A3 and what tyres they might have?

Thanks

I had Falken 225/35 on my 9x19, it was just on the limit to be too much of a stretch.