Wiper Motor Relay

Monzta

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me which of these relays is the wiper motor one?

IMG 20190730 181100737 IMG 20190730 181221526

I don't think the A4 B6 has a wiper relay.
IIRC, the column switch connects to the steering column control module, & that sends wiper operating commands from the lever switch, to the Central Electric Control Module via a CAN buss network connection.

Thanks for that info @pauldazzle .

I fitted a replacement linkage/motor today and nothing happened, totally dead so thought that the relay must be at fault. Not sure where to go next with this now.

CCM hasn't got wet by an chance? If the Plenum chamber grommets get blocked up or the ECU rubber seal fails it can cause all sorts of electrical chaos.

Yeah, could well be connected. If water has got into the CCM you're going to have many issues.

Damn. I'm sure water is the root of my problems though. My wipers packed up after a heavy, sustained downpour. :(

Well it looks like i have had some water ingress in the Control Convenience Module. Time to buy a new one then.

Attachments

• IMG_20190814_182517332.jpg
    IMG_20190814_182517332.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 491
And that's after I'd cleaned it up. It was a lot worse when I first took the cover off.

Indeed. If I can get this fixed and my wipers working then I can get back to the original problem of the car stalling after starting. The joy of wet Audis.