NAVI MEMORY CARDS

A5GUR

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the correct area. Im looking at getting a 4gb memory card for my 2007 S3 which will be arriving in the very near future. What is the best card to go for:

- MMC
- SD
Im a little confused. The brochure says it takes both. So dont want to order the wrong. What is the best make? cheers

SD is the way to go, but bear in mind the file limit of 512 per card. Unless your tunes are encoded at a high bitrate then the file limit will be reached before the card is full.

I use Sandisk cards but dont think is much between the different brands to be honest, bought mine from www.mobymemory.com

Didn't think you can have a card that exceeds 256MB in the RNS-E? I've tried 2GB (with up-to-date firmware) no joy!

I use 1 Adata 4gb SD card 150x and a 2gb Adata 150x. Both work perfectly and i have non of the problems some people find with a slow initial load. Takes about 15-20seconds the first time the 4gb one is inserted. Got them both from here http://www.emartbuy.co.uk/products.php?prodid=99. Be carefull buying SD cards though from ebay as many of them are bad copies and wont work properly or will be very slow.

thats a shame. i wasnt aware there was a maximum capaciy limit. I just assumed you can put whichever size cards you wish in. So is 256 or 512 the max? Can still get approx 125 song on a 512. cheers

No, the limit to the amount of files you can put on there is 512 files(tracks and folders all included). As i said I have a 4gb card and it works fine in the RNS-E. I have about 3gb of music on it although some of them are 30-45 minute long tape rips. All tracks on mine are @192 bit rate.

Oh right. my bad. So i can still get a 4gb. But the max songs i can have (without folders etc) is 512. That site doesent have anything in stock! Thanks for the supeeerr qucik reply dandle. :icon_thumright:

The best SD card I have ever had is a SanDisk Extreme III, the speeds of transfer is unbelievable compared to standard SD cards.
http://www.picstop.co.uk/ is a good place to get memory cards.

There are lots of fake card on ebay, they even come in what looks like original packaging but its not. I would only buy from Uk based webshops to be sure then you should get original cards although they wont be as cheap as ebay ones.

Ed said:
The best SD card I have ever had is a SanDisk Extreme III, the speeds of transfer is unbelievable compared to standard SD cards.
http://www.picstop.co.uk/ is a good place to get memory cards.

They are only 133x cards the adata ones I use are 150x. Not that it would make much difference I guess.

I'm using two 4GB own-brand cards from MobyMemory and they work perfectly. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell them anymore, only having the Transcend ones at 30 quid, whereas the ones I have were 20 quid!

Yeah I get all my memory cards from them - they charge reasonably delivery too which helps when only spending 20-30 quid.

Just make sure when you buy your SD card that you don't buy the SD HC variety.....I can tell you they do not work. 4Gb works fine, I too have used the Moby Memory cards which are good value and work well (you don't need to buy the 150x version) with very little download time.

Doesn't it have a particular brand for it e.g. SD Extreme 4 or something? Just so I know that's all :)