Newbie Quattro Sport help!

ollie16v

Reaction score
Hi im on the look out for a 1.8 T quattro sport.

Im having troulbe finding a low milage one in a nice colour, basically anything other than the purple.

Anyone know where theres a nice one for sale? Should i be put off by 90k miles?

Many thanks, Ollie. :blow:

a4quat said:
mines got just over 100k on and its spot on!

Thanks mate.

I have been searching for a buyers guide but cant realy find anything, is there anything in particular you need to look out for on a qs?

As long as it has got a good service history and is well maintained I would not be put off with 90-100K cars. Better that than one with 60K that has been abused and never serviced. Mines got 93K and a full Audi service history

mac1403 said:
As long as it has got a good service history and is well maintained I would not be put off with 90-100K cars. Better that than one with 60K that has been abused and never serviced. Mines got 93K and a full Audi service history

Thanks again, i have never owned a german car and they always have a good reputation just wanted to make sure they had no major issues.

I have always run french cars and fancy something that wont break every 5 minutes!

I bought my qts in September last year for £7k with 62k on the clock in black. My advice is make sure the cambelt has been changed after 4 years or 80k miles (i think). Check the alloys, as the standards have a rim on the outside that appears to get water damaged. I made sure the garage had them refurbed before i bought the car. 90k miles not an issue with an Audi, they are built like a bricksh!t house so 90k is nothing. Just make sure you have a full service history. Also check the info display on the dashboard as these have a tendency to go. Make sure the tyres have some decent tread as well as four new tyres will be expensive. Mine has been great so far, just a few stone chips to touch up as they show up so well on a black car!

I have had my A4 for 30k miles and i have no intention of selling her anytime soon. I may have replaced more than neccessary,but i like to replace parts when i need to remove them.

Like changing the arms when changing the suspension,discs at the same time as pads etc.

She has only once brok down on me,and that was a flat battery,good for 30k ImO

I have had my quattro for 3 and a half years. Got it with 18k on the clock and passed 62k today.

Has been great, needed a temp sensor after about a year which cost under a tenner. Also an aircon regas and thats it really.

Any other problems have been caused by mods.

Just look for one that has full history and maybe only a couple of owners.

I would try and get one with around 80k on the clock so then you have a while to the next belt change.

Also areas to look out for are rear boot plinth rubing on the bootlid as it will rust. Wheels have already been said. Then listen for any creaks coming from the front suspension as they are a common problem.

Other than that should be a great car for you.