Audi Sat Nav

Have you got any pics of your current setup, I was thinking about doing this also.

It can be done but don't get the A3/S3 one...notice the round corners?

I have Sat Nav in mine but its different to that one, it also has the TV!

Ive never used it before, but did the other day and was very pleased with it, the screen can also be tilted which I like.

Id say its a nice feature to have and it means I now wont miss The Simpsons if im out and about, lol

Cossie_boy said:
I have Sat Nav in mine but its different to that one, it also has the TV!

Ive never used it before, but did the other day and was very pleased with it, the screen can also be tilted which I like.

Id say its a nice feature to have and it means I now wont miss The Simpsons if im out and about, lol

Do you have any pics of the unit in you can as i was concidering doing this my self but not sure what it looks like (also model number of unit you using) Thanks:icon_thumright:

RNS-E is for the new shape. Do you want any pics of the RNS-E fitted?

hi people ive also been interested in doing this as it looks like a realy nice feature and also having sat nav and a HU that does mp3's is a bonus but will it all link up to the bose ok and also the 6 dics changer in the boot??

also pics would be great if possible???

These are pics of an RNS-E install in a A3 8L. It was done by CraigyB, in Manchester.. although others on here have done this themselves. I think that the key points are:

Your car needs to have CAN-BUS electrical system fitted, later models have this
You need a double din cage in the dash or be prepared to move the climate control unit
The correct leads need to be bought for the rear of the unit
You need access to VAG-COM to link it all up
It will work with BOSE
You will need a Sat Nav unit, typically off EBAY
The A4 unit is the one, and you will need to trim it to fit
There will be a space at the top of the unit in the facia. Get some aluminium strip from B&Q

Most of this is covered in the ICE section further down on the forum lists...

Hope this helps..

DSCN2505.jpg

DSCN2506.jpg

e611eb48.jpg

looks awesome, how much did that set you back including fitting?wouldnt mind this for my S3

I am really pleased with it, especially as it was never a option for my car, and with the new software you get the TMC stuff working. Takes all the stress out of European driving in cities too.. no more arguments with the GF...

Craig is at http://www.tclsatnav.com/ and I cant recommend him high enough. Best to pm him as costs have changed... (downwards unfortunately..!)

Have a search around in the ICE section..