Slave cylinder warranty issues

Felen

Reaction score
Hi all,
So bought an audi a3 2005 2.0 tfsi quattro.
3m warranty.
Clutch pedal is starting to stick.
Paid garage to replace master cylinder to see if that'll fix it. It didn't so now looking to claim slave on warranty as garage advised its internal and means whole gearbox out day job etc.
Warranty company have come back saying its 1.7hr job not the 6.5 hr the garage have advised.
Can someone advise, are these internal slave cylinder?
Thanks

have googled some models are inside and another was on the out side 2 bolts and its off

Hi all,
So bought an audi a3 2005 2.0 tfsi quattro.
3m warranty.
Clutch pedal is starting to stick.
Paid garage to replace master cylinder to see if that'll fix it. It didn't so now looking to claim slave on warranty as garage advised its internal and means whole gearbox out day job etc.
Warranty company have come back saying its 1.7hr job not the 6.5 hr the garage have advised.
Can someone advise, are these internal slave cylinder?
Thanks

Out of interest who is the warranty with? If it’s RAC good luck. The company that provides it is a waste of time.

Have you checked that the pedal is not sticking mechanically first? Other than that just go with the warranty company as you paid for it.

Handler protect warranty
So far they are terrible, customer service is appalling.
They have declined the repair, so having to appeal. Failing appeal means official complaint next. Hopefully they accept appeal. I've made it clear I will peruse every avenue.

Similar to the provider for rac. They will claim it’s a consumable more than likely.

When the chain on my 3.2 may have needed doing they didn’t want to know. The max claim was capped at £500, plus they paid minimal labour charges. Then refused to do it even though it was listed as covered in their policy documents.

I hope you have some luck, though a complaint only works if the person you’re complaint to wants to listen.

How long have you had the car? Is this the 3m warranty the dealer provided?