Short number plate.

J0N

Reaction score
My short number plate looked great on my A4, really set it off. I’m not so sure on my S3, it doesn’t look quite right. It’s a bit like a fat lad wearing stripes if you see what I mean? What’s your thoughts?

f96c426eb06680980a9cd3a2938ae118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks equally as daft on both mate if that makes you feel any better :friendly wink:

Reactions: RAF_S7, abmat, Chrismawa and 3 others
Haha, thanks for helping my quandary. Much appreciated

I have just been wondering this myself, should i lop 100mm off each end but i decided against with the stock grill as the backing plate is shaped to take a full length plate. same with the rear, its shaped around a stock size plate so doesnt really work. An RS3 grill would work as it doesnt have the backing plate.

Reactions: e9_mustii and J0N
Take it off cause it does look silly , maybe get a legal stick on plate and put it on the Left side off your bumper whilst exposing the beauty off the front grille with no number plate holder

Reactions: J0N
It doesn't look right. Might look better if you had the full hex grille, like this ...
FullSizeRender

Yeah I’m thinking this too....

Take it off cause it does look silly , maybe get a legal stick on plate and put it on the Left side off your bumper whilst exposing the beauty off the front grille with no number plate holder

Mmmm, bit Alfa or Evo. Nice but not for me.

Look out for a Genuine RS3 one costly but worth the cash either that or I am sure there where 2 aftermarket on Gumtree

Like this ? :)) plates on the left corner cant really see it from here
b6da7769ba93f1b5c268f8733294da37.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Like this ? :)) plates on the left corner cant really see it from here
b6da7769ba93f1b5c268f8733294da37.jpg

Yip something like that

Attachments

• 9648-1523651581-b4e26640ddbf375389055e9d56229982.jpg
    9648-1523651581-b4e26640ddbf375389055e9d56229982.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 141
That's what you call nicely wrapped lights
Ohh snap its yellow tint i though you went through to thw effort of taking them.apart and painting the inserts yellow lol

Ohh snap its yellow tint i though you went through to thw effort of taking them.apart and painting the inserts yellow lol

See what thought did :footy:

Reactions: e9_mustii
My short number plate looked great on my A4, really set it off. I’m not so sure on my S3, it doesn’t look quite right. It’s a bit like a fat lad wearing stripes if you see what I mean? What’s your thoughts?

f96c426eb06680980a9cd3a2938ae118.jpg

Looks ******* **** in the picture but a way you can get a good look is to change the grill to a honeycomb one like the RS3 and then put a short plate.

Even without the short plate honeycomb grills are one of the best visual mods without a doubt for the car.

That setup would look wicked mann.

Looks ******* **** in the picture but a way you can get a good look is to change the grill to a honeycomb one like the RS3 and then put a short plate.

Even without the short plate honeycomb grills are one of the best visual mods without a doubt for the car.

That setup would look wicked mann.
Be careful with a short plate my mate got pulled over and fined, ba traffic police nothign better to do then give car enthusiast a ball ache for reg plates

The characters have to be correctly spaced and there needs to be 11mm at each end so the ANPR recognises it. I removed mine, I think the full size looks better on this car?

10423f4ab85663bed5339f258efe1fd5.jpg

Reactions: paddy
whatever he was fined for it wasnt short plates if he had the std border of 11mm top /bottom , left/right